ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Application Refused with Ban without any wrongdoing.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mattberry
Newly Registered

Visa Application Refused with Ban without any wrongdoing.

Post by mattberry » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:23 am

Hi,

I applied for a UK visit visa for 6 months and I got it refused with a 10 year ban and the reason being that I am not an employee of a bank (the largest bank in my country), I am working in for last 35 years.. Not sure, what went wrong but I am still currently working in the same bank and I submitted my pay advice as well as the letter from HR.. They do call and email the HR in my bank as well and they do confirm that I am genuine as well.. Not sure, what went wrong? Anyways, instead of appealing for a visa being refused, I would rather only appeal for the 10-year ban being put on me and my wife for the very same reason (because I was supporting her).. I would like to appeal, just not sure on what is the procedure..? Can someone please help me? I am looking to do whatever it takes to get my ban overturned, as it is clearly unjustified. Thanks.

I made my application in Karachi, Pakistan and it went to Islamabad and then Abu Dhabi, as I receive the refusal reference number to be ABU DHABI\XXXXXX.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

vinny

Re: Visa Application Refused with Ban without any wrongdoing

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:56 am

My guess is that they failed to verify your documents. Did your HR receive any communication from them?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mattberry
Newly Registered

Post by mattberry » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:03 pm

YEs, they do receive email and phone contact and both were positive from the HR department. My colleague, who is in charge even showed me the emails and his positive reply.. Still, they said that it was not genuine. No idea, what to do ? Can anyone help me on how to appeal for the ban to be reviewed.? I can provide whatever it takes to prove that I am genuine..

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Are you given right of appeal?if you're given right of appeal,it will be better to use that before it's too late.
Or you can reapply and respond to ALL those things the ECO questioned.

mattberry
Newly Registered

Post by mattberry » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in Section 84 (1) (c) of Nationality..

My question is, how can I appeal? What's the procedure? Is justice.gov.uk, the way to go to file an appeal for Visit Visa? I have no problem paying fees for the review at all. Let me know, your helps are highly appreciated. Thanks.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:30 pm

If you appeal that will definitely take months,you can reapply if you can afford it.You need to write a letter explaining why you believe the officer that treated your application initially wasn't fair to you.
If your HR can also give you some of the correspondence that might help.
Secondly, as you say you've been working there for years,the onus is on you to proof beyond reasonable doubt that you actually work there and you can proof that with documents.
Put as many relevant documents as you can lay your hands on.
Thirdly, remember it's gonna be a new application and as result, you need to get up to date,letters either from work,your bank statements, everything must be up to date in addition to what you submitted before.
But you need to write a letter explaining the situation.

mattberry
Newly Registered

Post by mattberry » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:28 pm

How to appeal? Appeal charges are same as the first one. The problem is, I doubt that my application will be considered as 'automatic refusal' and won't even be heard, if I re-appeal. Also, the rejection stamp on my passport will do no good, so what I am looking to do is at least to get the ban removed even if I don't get the visa..

I have the correspondence from the HR but that was confidential, should I really attach that as well?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Well,that's Ok,I guess you have a limited time to appeal that's why I was talking about reapplying, but it's OK.
But your HR department should be able to give you letter supporting your application because the ECO has stated something different to what he was told.
I believe if you package your appeal very well,you'll get the visa as well,just make sure you submit within the stipulated time.don't really know how many days,but I guess it should be on the form given to you.

mattberry
Newly Registered

Post by mattberry » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:59 am

I just want to know, how can I file the appeal?? Anyone can help?