ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 4 - Section 4 - Special Circumstances

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

olivesummer44
Newly Registered

EEA 4 - Section 4 - Special Circumstances

Post by olivesummer44 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:04 pm

In the latest application form, if I apply with section 4, does that mean I could apply after 3 years of marriage if my husband chooses to leave UK (stop exercising treaty rights) for a better job?

Edit*: I'm the non-EEA national, and already has resident card since Nov 2010. (married in Jun 2010)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 9/eea4.pdf

In guidance notes:
3. When To Apply
You may apply at any time after residing here
for a continuous period of 5 years in accordance
with the EU laws relating to free movement
rights that were in force during the 5-year
period.

In section 4- Retained Right Of Residence In The UK
You must complete this section if you are applying for a permanent residence card because of
a divorce, or because your EEA national family member has died or left the UK. You must also
complete section 5, 6 or 7 (whichever is applicable) to show how your EEA family member was
exercising Treaty rights, and section 8 to detail any absences from the UK.

4.4 Have you been married for at least 3 years and lived in
the UK for at least one of the three years
? (YES)
Last edited by olivesummer44 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EEA 4 - Section 4 - Special Circumstances

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:45 pm

it's not latest. it's same application since 2006

Section 4 is for NON EEA national If he/she retained right of residence under EEA law ( 3 years marriage )

You can only apply Retained right of residence after 3 years. And the application you send is EEA2 not EEA4

You can only send EEA4 five years after marriage in the UK ( if married here ) or 5 years after you entered in the UK as an EEA family member
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

olivesummer44
Newly Registered

Post by olivesummer44 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:59 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:it's not latest. it's same application since 2006

Section 4 is for NON EEA national If he/she retained right of residence under EEA law ( 3 years marriage )

You can only apply Retained right of residence after 3 years. And the application you send is EEA2 not EEA4

You can only send EEA4 five years after marriage in the UK ( if married here ) or 5 years after you entered in the UK as an EEA family member

Thanks for the response. I'm the non-EEA national, and already have residence card (eea2) since Nov 2010. (married in Jun 2010)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Section 4 is for cases of divorce or death of the EEA national. If the EEA national just leaves the UK (permanently ), you lose your right to live in the UK.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)