ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation - weird situation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asmiali

Cohabitation - weird situation

Post by asmiali » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:52 pm

Dear forum users,

Here is my situation. I did not know about the cohabitation requirements until 10 months ago. Therefore, here is what I have:

For the last 9 months:
Joint bank statements
Joint council tax
Joint electricity bill

However for before that, there is nothing in my wife's name except her own bank account. All the bills in my own name. Therefore, the only documents that are at the same address are my bank statements and her bank statements with our addresses.

Question 1: Is there anything that I can do now to show cohabitation for the months before?

Question 2: Is there a possibility that both our applications could be rejected on this basis?

Many thanks for your help.

sunnysomerset

Re: Cohabitation - weird situation

Post by sunnysomerset » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:12 am

Do you have a Tenancy Agreement with both your names on?
And how about Council Tax? That should normally have names of all adults living at a property, but obviously not necessary.
You could get your Estate Agent/Landlord to write you a letter to say that the two of you have been staying at their property for such and such time.
NHS Registration? They often send a card to say that you're registered.
Driving/Learners licence?
Online deliveries? from amazon etc..? (Only as a last resort)
Mobile phone bill? (My wife's sim is registered under my name so really cant fault you for that if it is under your name)

How did you manage to open the bank account? You have to have some sort of proof of address to open an account, in my wife's case we used Council Tax letter which had mine and her name on it.

Good Luck.