ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit eligibility dilemma

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

EEA Family Permit eligibility dilemma

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:45 am

Hi

I have been regular on this forum and due to all the informative and correct information on this forum, I have been able to move to Ireland with my British husband where he is exercising his treaty rights and I am awaiting on the Residence card. However, I already have a Stamp 4 Garda registeration Card in possession.

Our plan to move back to the UK is not until next summer, but we were planning to visit some of my husbands family in May this year. Therefore I have a couple of doubts in regards to the EEA family permit-

Can I apply for the EEA family permit with my Stamp 4 card?

On the latest web post by UKBA or Gov.uk they have mentioned that you cannot apply for EEA Family permit if your spouse is a UK citizen. Can you please clarify this, below are their wordings

'You can apply for an EEA family permit to accompany your family or partner to the UK (or join them after they’ve arrived) if:

the person you’ll be accompanying or joining is from the European Economic Area (EEA) but not the UK
you’re from outside the EEA'

Can someone on this forum help me with some clarifications on the above?

Thank you