ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-country FLR(IED) for WP Dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RajeevC
Newly Registered

In-country FLR(IED) for WP Dependent

Post by RajeevC » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:06 pm

My employer has applied for my WP and since they are big Multinational company, the Immigration lawyers used by the company do not foresee any problems with my case. The document is due anyday now.

However mye concern is something different. I am currently on a student Visa. Following the receipt of the WP, I will then have to apply for the FLR(IED) through the same company lawyers. My wife who is a dependent on my student-visa, will be travelling outside the UK by this month end for a couple of weeks to our Home country.

Can she come back and apply for her change of status, while I send my documents off for a LTR category change over?
Will that affect her when she is re-entering the UK?
Or should she apply for the visa from our Home country where she is travelling to?
Given the fact that it has been stated in the WP application that we are in country?
Should she simply cancel all plans of travel?

And finally, I had applied for my HSMP had been earlier & refused (60pts only!!), and following that I recd a letter from HO stating that they have refused my LTR as HSMP, but I can continue as a student as before.

Does that mean I have to state a 'yes', for refusal of Visa or entry clearance on the FLR form with details?

I know that this is a forum for guidance only and the advisors do not bear any legal responsibility for the same. Any comments from the senior moderators will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for this great forum... for some of us it actually changes our lives all together!!!
Thanks again

tvt

Post by tvt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:14 am

1. Your wife can either remain in the UK whilst you apply for FLR IED for both of you or she can travel abroad whilst you make that application (only for you) and get an EC as a WP dependent. Please note that your wife application (for EC) can be delayed if your application is still being considered.

2. You have not been refused a visa or EC (FLR rejection is not a visa rejection). If you want to play safe you can add a note in the application that in the past you applied under the HSMP scheme but did not score enough points to qualify.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

RajeevC
Newly Registered

Post by RajeevC » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Tnavon.