ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About my solicitor please share your experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shavi2013
Newly Registered

About my solicitor please share your experience

Post by Shavi2013 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi All

Thank you very much for all your replies. This discussion board is very helpful.

We have recently lodged our appeal for my husband’s ILR refusal through a solicitor. But we did not see what our solicitor has written as grounds of appeal. I think we should ask him to send us a copy of that as we should know what he has been written on behalf of my husband. He is representing us so we have a right to know every word he writes on behalf of us. Is that right?

Please share your experience about your solicitors? Do they share everything they write, they receive from HO/ first tier tribunal?

My solicitor is very reluctant to share these information.

Thank you very much in advance

maximo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: About my solicitor please share your experience

Post by maximo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:18 pm

yes I have similar problem with my solicitor aswell, he was suppose to make asylum fresh claim after receving all evidence he was asking for , but since he doesn,t pick my call, answer my email , nothing. h.0 have write email to my ex solicitor asking them my adress, the last time the saw me and if the are still representing me bcos they wishes to discuss my case with her, she did reply to h.o that she did not represent me anymore but that she will contact me to get in touch with them.
since I have foward the h.o contact to my new solicitor asking her to get in touch with them but she refuse saying I have to bring all evidence for fresh asylum claim before she can get in touch with them. iIs over 2 week now I have provide her evidence , now even my phone call ,she did not respond im really in limbo here . I dont know if I have to change solicitor or what , please advise

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Your solicitor should provide you with copies of anything submitted to the home office/tribunal on your behalf.

Shavi2013
Newly Registered

Post by Shavi2013 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Thanks Greenie for your reply. I wrote an email to my solicitor demanding all docs that he had sent to HO on behalf of me. and he sent me few docs and I have found few errors about me in his docs already. If he had given me a chance to look at them before he submitted them to HO I would have spotted them and corrected them before sending docs to HO. This is a very good lesson for all of us. please my friends , make sure you read and demand to read everything they send on behalf of you. Do not trust solicitors. I trust them I thought they are acting as true professionals.