ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retain right of residence for domestic violence victims

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saima999

Retain right of residence for domestic violence victims

Post by saima999 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi
I have a very urgent query and i will appreciate the help;

If non EEA national married to an EEA national with Family permit is a victim of domestic violence can she apply for Retain right of residence? The non EEA national has been in the UK for two years and divorce is in process. Can she apply for Retain right of residence or any other type of visa as a victim of domestic violence.

Help very much appreciated.

saima999

Re: Retain right of residence for domestic violence victims

Post by saima999 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:14 pm

My question is can a non EEA national apply for Retain right of residence under domestic voilence if non EEA national is married for less than 3 years and have all the evidence of domestic violence.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Yes non EEA national can apply ROR if s/he is a victim of a domestic violence without counting years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Please remember that you will need to provide proof and evidence of domestic violence, if you are able to apply for ROR due to domestic violence.

Have a look at the thread in the link below :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 56486.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.