ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help....Cover Letter....any cnahges Required????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vishalsunr

Please Help....Cover Letter....any cnahges Required????

Post by vishalsunr » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:05 pm

Dear All.....

Please kindly go through the sample cover letter and give your valuable feedback regarding the same.....if any changes required or not????
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To,
Highly Skilled Migrants Programme,
HSMP Team,
Immigration and Nationality Directorate,
Work Permits (UK) HSMP,
7th Floor, Fountain Precinct,
Balm Green, Sheffield,
S1 2JA

RE: Application for a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme

Please find attached my application for a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) form.

To make assessing my application easier I am explaining the evidence I have provided to prove the ‘points’ I have claimed. I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or require additional information, please do contact me on:

Ph: 0091 xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Email: xxx@xxx.com

Please kindly return my original documents and your letter, informing me your decision on my HSMP application, to the following address.

I am also sending an addressed envelope, which you may please use for the purpose of returning my original documents. The Address is as follows:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanking you,
Yours Sincerely,

(XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Explanation of supporting Documents

1. HSMP Application Form (1st Folder Marked as F1)
 Fully completed application form presented in individual clear plastic sleeves.
2. Qualifications (2nd Folder Marked as F2)–30 Points Claimed
 Bachelor Of Science (Information Technology) Degree certificate issued by xxxxxxx University confirming the degree conferred on 17/12/2002.
 Mark sheets of all 3 years of bachelors’ degree education.
Curriculum Vitae
 I have supplied my most up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) as of month June 2007.
3. Previous Earnings from Work (3rd Folder Marked as F3) – 40 Points Claimed
 Pay Slips - To make verifying my income easier I have supplied printouts of 12 months on-line pay slips attested by HR Dept. along with the seal of the company
 Income Tax Return (Form No. 2D) and Income Tax Assessment Order issued by the income tax department for the financial year 2006-07.
 I have enclosed Bank Statements stating each month’s Salary. (On banks letter head but not signed and stamped)
 Statement of Salary for months from April – 2006 to March -2007 from my company
 Spreadsheet of Past 12 months Earnings and conversions in pounds
 I have given a very detailed breakdown of income over the past twelve months.
 The gross figures are highlighted to show that I pass the £6,000+ threshold that I am claiming.
 Starting of this section, you can find brief information about the earnings and evidences provided.
4. Age - 20 Points Claimed
 Evidences:
o Original Driving License
o Notorised Copy of Personal Details of Passport.
5. English Language Requirements
 Evidences:
o IELTS Test Report Form No. xxxxxx
o Date of Exam: xx/xx/xxxx
o Overall Band 6

TOTAL POINTS CLAIMED:
Qualifications Past Earnings Age TOTAL
30 35 20 85

My arrangements in UK to seek work
• Having work experience of more then 4 years with in the field of IT will help me to get job very quickly and easily.
• I have registered at many recruitment agencies that helps to get good jobs.
Ability to work in the UK in my line of activity
I shall have no trouble to work in the UK in Accounting and Finance field because:
 I have been working fulltime as Senior Software Engineer at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx India since June, 2002
 The field which I am working in has a great demand in UK.
 In this section you can find the printouts of the job opportunities very recently listed at the websites of many recruitment agencies.
Savings / Available Funds
 I have supplied my bank statements stating the funds available with me.
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

HSMPreqJun07
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPreqJun07 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:48 pm

here is a thread with good cover letters:http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15879
I actually wrote mine using this thread
hope this helps

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:10 pm

adnan

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:13 pm

adnan

hac
Newly Registered

Post by hac » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Hi vishal, How did u send all those documents, are you sending them in some plastic file cover or using paper clip to attach all of them ? I don't think Pinning with stapler is a good idea since those are original documents.

Just like mentioned on this

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15879

Its a good idea to have separate letters for each section. but can any one suggest how to send the whole bundle of documents ?

Thanks

Awaiting your help so i can make my hsmp application.

Regards,
Hussain

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi Vishalsunr

I see NARIC certificate missing from the list of the documents that you have mentioned.

regards,

Push_hsmp

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:41 pm

push_hsmp wrote:Hi Vishalsunr

I see NARIC certificate missing from the list of the documents that you have mentioned.

regards,

Push_hsmp
Thanks for the input... but my degree is already recognised by NARIC so certi. not required.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:08 pm

Dear Vishalsunr,

How do you know that ?

I think even if your degree is recognised by NARIC (as would be for so many other institutes from India) you need to get the certificate from NARIC.

Just to give you an example: a number of my friends got their IIM degrees verified (as in they got the certificate from NARIC to that effect) despite the fact that the degrees were recognised already.

Has anyone been successful in getting HSMP approved without submitting a certificate from NARIC?

Vishalsunr, I dont want to confuse you, but it will be good if some other people confirm the same.

push_HSMP
vishalsunr wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:Hi Vishalsunr

regards,

Push_hsmp
Thanks for the input... but my degree is already recognised by NARIC so certi. not required.

vishalsunr

Please Help

Post by vishalsunr » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:14 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
Has anyone been successful in getting HSMP approved without submitting a certificate from NARIC?
Please REPLY to this query as soon as possible.

Regards,
Vishalsunr

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Please Help

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:04 pm

I have seen some and read quite succesful story in this forum from people who succesfully claim point without NARIC comparability letter. This is especially tru if you graduate from well known universitiejs in industrialised countries.

HSMP caseworkers get access to NARIC database and they just see whether your universities AND study program is in the database.
If you are 100% sure about the recognisition of your degree, you do not need NARIC asssment. In the gauidance as welll no clause mention that it is a must.

But it is advisible for the following reafsons:
- You will sometimes need it to seek for employment to convince you prospective employers.
-Caseworkers may make mistake overlook what is available onthe NARIC data bases.
- The comparability letter is still quite cheap, until now. I believe it will go up, just a matter of times when the demand is quite high.

Pantaiema

vishalsunr wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
Please REPLY to this query as soon as possible.

Regards,
Vishalsunr

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:10 am

pantaiema wrote:- The comparability letter is still quite cheap, until now. I believe it will go up, just a matter of times when the demand is quite high.

Pantaiema

How much does it costs....
Please Reply.

Regards,
Vishalsunr

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:15 am

£39.95 (£34 + VAT) It was 35.25 a few months ago.

Good Luck
Pantaiema

vishalsunr wrote:
pantaiema wrote:- The comparability letter is still quite cheap, until now. I believe it will go up, just a matter of times when the demand is quite high.

Pantaiema

How much does it costs....
Please Reply.

Regards,
Vishalsunr