ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Application (PR) in 7 Weeks

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RedMar
Newly Registered

EEA4 Application (PR) in 7 Weeks

Post by RedMar » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi all,

I just thought I would share my experience to provide some optimism and moral support to those who are still waiting for a decision on their application. I received my PR in the post on Saturday and felt so happy but also very confused at the very short period of time it took to process my application. When I applied for the EEA2 5 years ago, I applied through a solicitor. It took 8 months for me to receive my Residence Card and even that was only after the intervention of my MP, Solvit and several complain letters. So when I applied for the PR this time (through the EAA4 route), I was really prepared for the worst. However, I have been very pleasantly surprised and cannot believe how much the process seems to have changed.

- Application type: Permanent Residence (EEA4 route)
- Citizenship: Algerian
- Partner's citizenship: Maltese
- Date application sent (Special Delivery): 10/02/2014
- Date application confirmation letter received: 15/02/2014 (letter dated 12/02/2014)
- Date COA received: 24/02/2014 (COA dated 14/02/2014)
- Date passport requested back (I had to request my passport back for urgent travel and I still had a valid RC in it): 10/03/2014
- Date passport received (using the special delivery envelope I included): 14/03/2014
- Date PR received (by a signed-for letter that they provided): 5/04/2014 (PR dated 27/03/2014)

On the Saturday I received the PR, I was leaving my home to go to the post office to send them another special delivery envelope for the return of the PR. I checked my letter box and was surprised to find the package from them containing all my documents and the PR (attached to a paper that says Immigration Documentation, valid for 10 years).

Supporting documents that I included with my application:

- My passport
- My spouse's national ID card (she couldn't send her passport because of travel plans)
- Marriage Certificate
- My spouse's pay slips and P60 forms for the past 5 years (60 payslips and 5 P60s)
- Council Tax statements for the past 5 years (5 in total) as proof of residency, these are addressed to both myself and my spouse
- Water Bills for the past 5 years (10 in total), also addressed to both of us
- Mortgage statements for the past 4 years (4), also in both our names, these weren't necessary to include

I put all similar documents in transparent plastic pockets with a label at the top that states what they are (all payslips together, all council tax statements together...etc.). I did not send any documents that relate to myself or my work history.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for a decision. Big thanks to everyone who shared their experience and advice.

Red

maxmelion

Re: EEA4 Application (PR) in 7 Weeks

Post by maxmelion » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Strange that . Without even ur work story . Never happen
RedMar wrote:Hi all,

I just thought I would share my experience to provide some optimism and moral support to those who are still waiting for a decision on their application. I received my PR in the post on Saturday and felt so happy but also very confused at the very short period of time it took to process my application. When I applied for the EEA2 5 years ago, I applied through a solicitor. It took 8 months for me to receive my Residence Card and even that was only after the intervention of my MP, Solvit and several complain letters. So when I applied for the PR this time (through the EAA4 route), I was really prepared for the worst. However, I have been very pleasantly surprised and cannot believe how much the process seems to have changed.

- Application type: Permanent Residence (EEA4 route)
- Citizenship: Algerian
- Partner's citizenship: Maltese
- Date application sent (Special Delivery): 10/02/2014
- Date application confirmation letter received: 15/02/2014 (letter dated 12/02/2014)
- Date COA received: 24/02/2014 (COA dated 14/02/2014)
- Date passport requested back (I had to request my passport back for urgent travel and I still had a valid RC in it): 10/03/2014
- Date passport received (using the special delivery envelope I included): 14/03/2014
- Date PR received (by a signed-for letter that they provided): 5/04/2014 (PR dated 27/03/2014)

On the Saturday I received the PR, I was leaving my home to go to the post office to send them another special delivery envelope for the return of the PR. I checked my letter box and was surprised to find the package from them containing all my documents and the PR (attached to a paper that says Immigration Documentation, valid for 10 years).

Supporting documents that I included with my application:

- My passport
- My spouse's national ID card (she couldn't send her passport because of travel plans)
- Marriage Certificate
- My spouse's pay slips and P60 forms for the past 5 years (60 payslips and 5 P60s)
- Council Tax statements for the past 5 years (5 in total) as proof of residency, these are addressed to both myself and my spouse
- Water Bills for the past 5 years (10 in total), also addressed to both of us
- Mortgage statements for the past 4 years (4), also in both our names, these weren't necessary to include

I put all similar documents in transparent plastic pockets with a label at the top that states what they are (all payslips together, all council tax statements together...etc.). I did not send any documents that relate to myself or my work history.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for a decision. Big thanks to everyone who shared their experience and advice.

Red

Hubba

Re: EEA4 Application (PR) in 7 Weeks

Post by Hubba » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:43 pm

maxmelion wrote:Strange that . Without even ur work story . Never happen
Why would they need his work history if what matters is if his wife was exercising Treaty Rights, fact demonstrated by her documentation?