ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

police registration certifcate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

easylife4me

police registration certifcate

Post by easylife4me » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:06 pm

I am a Indian national .I will be applying for Ilr in few weeks times.
Do I have to get police registration certifcate??
please help..
THANKS

rooi_ding

Post by rooi_ding » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:24 pm

No you dont have to the only people affected by this are the ones below and only if they stay for longer then 6 months

Immigration Advice - Police Registration

This requirement is usually imposed on all non-Commonwealth nationals (other than EU, US and Japanese nationals) who have been admitted to the UK for a period of more than 6 months. Please check your passport, which will stipulate whether or not this is a requirement.

Nationals of the following countries need to register with the Police:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, PR China (including the Special Administrative region of Hong Kong), Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Korea (North), Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen.

You must register with the Police within 7 days of your arrival in the UK.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: police registration certifcate

Post by Rozen » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:05 pm

easylife4me wrote:I am a Indian national .I will be applying for Ilr in few weeks times.
Do I have to get police registration certifcate??
please help..
Easylife, You've asked the same question in Nammu's post, and it has been explained to you. Why create another thread over the same issue? Difficultlife, morelike :roll:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:09 pm

I agree .... topic closed.

Duplicate posts are not appreciated on this Board.
John