ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR proof for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR proof for Citizenship

Post by 2014 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi,

I received my ILR in May 2013. However I lost my BRP in Dec 2013. I applied for replacement BRP which I received in Jan 2014. The new BRP card issue date is Jan 2014.

I am due to apply citizenship in May 2014. What proof I can demonstrate to NCS for ILR approval? BRP card alone is not sufficient since issue date is appearing as Jan 2014.

Also standard letter received at the time ILR does not say clearly that ILR is approved.

Please provide guidance? How I can prove to NCS that I have received ILR one year back. Do they have access to home office database to verify ILR approval date?

Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR proof for Citizenship

Post by Jambo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 pm

You don't need to prove anything to NCS. They just photocopy your evidence. Tell them when you obtained ILR (if asked explain the BRP is a replacement). It is your responsibility to apply when your are eligible.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Post by 2014 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:46 am

Thanks for your response.

It means NCS does not have any information about individual cases.

Is there any contact number of home office where I can raise this query and ask for advice?

Post by 2014 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:53 am

Hi senior members,

My date of appointment with NCS is very near. I am feeling less confident about ILR approval period. MY ILR was approved in May 2013. However I lost BRP in dec 2013 and received replacement BRP in Jan 2014.

How to handle this situation?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:47 am

2014 wrote:Hi senior members,

My date of appointment with NCS is very near. I am feeling less confident about ILR approval period. MY ILR was approved in May 2013. However I lost BRP in dec 2013 and received replacement BRP in Jan 2014.

How to handle this situation?
As advised by Jambo above, just provide the replacement BRP, explain to NCS that it is a replacement if they ask about it. The HO have all your information stored electronically and they will not reject the application on the basis of the date on replacement BRP. For extra peace of mind you can mention this on your application form in additional information - I would certainly advise you to do that. Don't worry too much this happens to people all the time.