ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New fees as expected

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marke
Newly Registered

New fees as expected

Post by marke » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:32 am

As expected fee increased for AN applications (probably for all of them !)
Not just that, they've also removed the option of a discounted fee if applied together. Will the fleecing ever stop ?! What can one do to stop this thieving??

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: New fees as expected

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:34 am

marke wrote:As expected fee increased for AN applications (probably for all of them !)
Not just that, they've also removed the option of a discounted fee if applied together. Will the fleecing ever stop ?! What can one do to stop this thieving??
Close the doors completely?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

marke
Newly Registered

Post by marke » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Wanderer wrote:
marke wrote:As expected fee increased for AN applications (probably for all of them !)
Or perhaps at least consider looking after people who are here legitimately and pay taxes. Oh wait ! that's too much ask for, forgot that they are the types who are on the system and are easy targets.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:07 pm

marke wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Or perhaps at least consider looking after people who are here legitimately and pay taxes. Oh wait ! that's too much ask for, forgot that they are the types who are on the system and are easy targets.
The problem is the sheer number of overstayers, illegal entrants, dodgy asylum seekers, endless appealing and a dedicated police force to deal with it all.

Totally empathise, we're almost at the end of our visa journey, all legal and no refusals, no appeals, no removals, and when we started this journey only a few years previously the whole path was free of charge. Now we all have to pay for this now huge infrastructure built because so many abuse the system.

I don't know what the answer is, my vote is for a zero tolerance approach, every has an obligation to know the rules and abide by them, and so must pay the price for not doing so. But we see on here so many breaking the law, and ending up rewarded after the tax payer has funded endless appeals and tribunals and even legal aid for God sake.

I've been called all sorts on here for my views but I have no issue with anyone emigrating anywhere by the rules of any colour or religion, my missus is foreign and I'm half-Irish!

appsmaje
Newly Registered

Post by appsmaje » Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 pm

shocked as well for removal of the joint spouse fee which would have saved us around 400 pounds!

I remember they published the proposed new fees early on for last year ? .. Did i just miss it?
I did not see this coming and would have applied if I knew before April.

GRRRRR!!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 02, 2014 5:51 pm

appsmaje wrote:shocked as well for removal of the joint spouse fee which would have saved us around 400 pounds!

I remember they published the proposed new fees early on for last year ? .. Did i just miss it?
I did not see this coming and would have applied if I knew before April.

GRRRRR!!!
What's £400, it's only the price of a decent bottle of wine.

That was a joke BTW....