ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1(G) ILR Approved.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

usman81

Tier 1(G) ILR Approved.

Post by usman81 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello All readers

Many thanks to all those contributed by answering to questions and made journey a lot easier.

Here’s my experience:

Got to Croydon office about 1:50pm for 2:15pm appointment. Went through security and was issued token in next 30 minutes. Got called at desk in 10 minutes where member of staff did some data-entry and asked me to separate originals from photocopies and file both. Then he sent us for biometrics. Once through bio... we were told to choose either to stay in building or go outside and will be called on mobile to come and collect after 90 minutes. We opted to stay in and waited inside cafeteria. Our token was called after 60 minutes for collection of documents and approval letters.

Docs submitted

* Set (O) form ( one form for main and dependant)
* Passport / Biometric Card
* 2 photos each
* 12 month Payslips and corresponding Bank statements
* Letter from employer
* Life in the UK pass letter for both
* English language B1 equivalent certificate for wife
* Employer absence letter for business visits and personal visits (paid annual leaves) outside UK
* UK experience (self-explanatory from payslips)
* UK taught degree
* Evidence of cohabitation. 3 letters, dates equally split for a year, from different sources for main and spouse for one year. Produced same letters for second year.

Good luck to all those in queue.
I am no one only GOD knows the best

Mind_The_Gap

Re: Tier 1(G) ILR Approved.

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Congratulations usman81 and thank you for sharing! :D

naqs
Newly Registered

Post by naqs » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Congrats to both of you on getting your ILR, I have my ILR due in june, my query is related to Employer Letter for Absences out of UK .

Did you submit a standard template which is published on Immigration Boards ? or a detailed one.

I have two business trips spread into two consecutive years

1 year -- 115 days
2 year -- 89 days

Do you know if i need to get a detailed letter stressing the reasons and why you were selected for the assignment or would just a standard letter suffice, any chance you could share your absence letter format ?

Regards
naqs

usman81

Post by usman81 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:19 pm

naqs wrote:Congrats to both of you on getting your ILR, I have my ILR due in june, my query is related to Employer Letter for Absences out of UK .

Did you submit a standard template which is published on Immigration Boards ? or a detailed one.

I have two business trips spread into two consecutive years

1 year -- 115 days
2 year -- 89 days

Do you know if i need to get a detailed letter stressing the reasons and why you were selected for the assignment or would just a standard letter suffice, any chance you could share your absence letter format ?

Regards
naqs
Just a letter on company letterhead will be enough listing all the dates you travelled for business. I didn't provide them detailed reasons of business travel altogether of 30 days in last 2 years. You have spent many more days outside UK but that's within limit. I also had my employer confirming my paid holidays spent outside UK for personal visits too. Here is the format.

UK Home Office
Croydon public enquiry office
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY 13 March 2014

To whom it may concern
Name
Passport number ---------

I can confirm that ----------------- has travelled outside the UK on company business and personal visits (paid annual leaves) as follows:-

Travel Outside UK for Company Business

To Attend ----- Meeting in -------: Left UK on -------. Left ----- and Returned to UK on ----------

--------------------------------------

Travel Outside UK as Personal Visits

To See Family in -------- : Left UK on----. Left ------- and Returned to UK on ---------

------------------------------
Should you need any further information regarding these business trips and confirmation of absence on paid annual leaves, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours truly

-------------------

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi,

As you booked your PEO appointment before 6th April. Did they ask you to pay the balance amount? Or you end up paying the old fee?

Regards,

usman81

Post by usman81 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:33 pm

smartkhan wrote:Hi,

As you booked your PEO before 6th April. Did they ask you to pay the balance amount? Or you end up paying the old fee?
I went to croydon on 2 april, hence avoided the fee rise. How much fee did it ask for when you booked? If pre 6 april fees then should not be paying more!!!

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:39 pm

I paid old fee to book my appointment in May. Just wanted to confirm if people end up paying old fee. It's theory as of yet until someone practically manage to get ILR/visa extension.

naqs
Newly Registered

Post by naqs » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:07 pm

thanks usman much appreciated. this would help. cheers