ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lloyds TSB refuses to stamp printed statments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

korikos
Newly Registered

Lloyds TSB refuses to stamp printed statments

Post by korikos » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Dear Gurus

This morning I went to my account holding bank, Lloyds, for providing me stamped bank statements covering 12 month period. They refused to do that. They also refused to stamp internet banking print outs and provide a cover letter addressing UKBA. This was Lloyds branch in Windsor.

I have the appointment on 17th of April, next Thursday. Should I reschedule my appointment or find another Lloyds TSB branch which agrees to stamp internet banking statements???

I also have another question. I reschedule my appointment to the following week, such as 24-25 of April and assuming that my application is successful, how long would it take to get my passport back? I am asking this as I will need to travel abroad on 1oth of May?

Looking forward to hearing from you dear masters and gurus!!

landcruiser94

Re: Lloyds TSB refuses to stamp printed statments

Post by landcruiser94 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi

My advise will be for you to call your bank and request for copies of your statement from the past 12 months to be sent directly to you or to your local branch (this usually arrives quicker than if sent directly to you)

You can also start looking for other Lloyds branches that would stamp your statements in the interim.

My bank (HSBC) also will not stamp internet print outs or even branch print outs at that.

You may be able to get these statements on time before your appointment on 17th April.

All the best

L
Method: NCS
received by UKVI: 14/04/15
Clearance of fees: 05/05/15
acknowledged: 13/05/15
Biometric letter : 13/05/15
Date of Biometrics : 18/05/15
Date of approval: 20/08/2015
Date approval delivered in the post: 29/08/15
Date of ceremony:08/09/15

usman81

Post by usman81 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:42 pm

They return passports same day if your application is concluded same day.

My experience with halifax bank was to ask them to print transactions for a given period and then stamp it and also top that with a cover letter stamped too. Anything that a bank produces within branch, they normally stamp that. But if you print the internet statements and take them to branch they will never stamp and sign.

But I will advise you to order new statements.
I am no one only GOD knows the best

5fifty5
Newly Registered

Post by 5fifty5 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Some branches will agree to that, like the one I went to in Central London. I knew they wouldn't but I took a chance and there was no concern.

You have ample time to order yours today to get it before your appointment. If you dont' get them, you can go to branch and kick up fuss saying you ordered them in time and didn't receive them so its their job to print now

digitanium

Post by digitanium » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Had the same issue with Llyods in the past! As suggested, order your bank statement to be addressed to your local branch. You should get it within 2 weeks if not earlier.

Otherwise you could try with a different branch that is willing to stamp your online printed statement. I did this and gave reason that the ordered statement did not reach me and quoted the urgency of the case - they gave in eventually.

pichon
Newly Registered

Post by pichon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Last time I did my FLR (M) two years ago, Lloyds was really cooperative about statements and they printed statements and stamped them for me. That was what I was going to do this time too, but I guess they changed their policy...
Two years ago, HSBC, my husband's bank, was really useless about it. They refused stamping the printouts, and when my husband ordered the statements, they sent a statement for one single day!!!!!! We had to order again, but with the time ticking, and the stress, it was not fun at all.

I think you have enough time to order statements either in the branch or by calling the customer service. It usually takes five to seven working days, so plenty of time for you. Good luck!

korikos
Newly Registered

Post by korikos » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi guys

Things got more complicated. Yesterday I visited a number of Lloyds TSB branches and one of them accepted to provide me stamped copies. I had my bank statements i downloaded from my internet banking as well. The lady in the branch did not want to use my online banking print outs as it would have been time wasting for her to go through and check my statements with her system. Therefore, she printed out from the system and she stamped every pages. She didnt want to use certify copy stamp and only used the bank stamp. However, the print outs she downloaded from her system did not show my current address. They showed 2 previous addresses that I lived. As my online bank statement showed my current address she agreed to stamp the first 4 pages of my online statements showing the transactions between 3rd March and 7 April 2014 and combined them with her prints out and provided me a very short letter stating that she gave cop statements to me.

I have 2 questions

1- Are bank stamps enough or do I need to get 'certified copy' stamps??

2- Would it be a problem to have my current address and previous two address in my statements?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Best would be to take those print outs which banker downloaded from its system and then stamped those ones. But they can 100% be able to give you a letter of balance certificate which always confirm current address along with balance and if you attach that one at the top then i believe it will work.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

mkazimhyobo

Post by mkazimhyobo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:57 am

korikos wrote:Hi guys

Things got more complicated. Yesterday I visited a number of Lloyds TSB branches and one of them accepted to provide me stamped copies. I had my bank statements i downloaded from my internet banking as well. The lady in the branch did not want to use my online banking print outs as it would have been time wasting for her to go through and check my statements with her system. Therefore, she printed out from the system and she stamped every pages. She didnt want to use certify copy stamp and only used the bank stamp. However, the print outs she downloaded from her system did not show my current address. They showed 2 previous addresses that I lived. As my online bank statement showed my current address she agreed to stamp the first 4 pages of my online statements showing the transactions between 3rd March and 7 April 2014 and combined them with her prints out and provided me a very short letter stating that she gave cop statements to me.

I have 2 questions

1- Are bank stamps enough or do I need to get 'certified copy' stamps??

2- Would it be a problem to have my current address and previous two address in my statements?

Hi korikos,
Did the bank printed them on their letterhead or plain paper?

mkazimhyobo

Post by mkazimhyobo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:03 am

sheraz7 wrote:Best would be to take those print outs which banker downloaded from its system and then stamped those ones. But they can 100% be able to give you a letter of balance certificate which always confirm current address along with balance and if you attach that one at the top then i believe it will work.
Hi sheraz7
For proof of earning I am using all my original bank statements that I received over the year. Just for the most recent one for which I fear I will not receive in time (as POE on 17 April), I asked my local branch to get it print, stamp and signed which they did but on plain paper, cuz its not their policy to print on letterhead. Would it be acceptable?

Thanks

shace318

Post by shace318 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:12 pm

I applied 2 days ago, included Natwest bank statements which is printed from the bank, no signature or stamp in the statements but this was accepted at the PEO

shace

mkazimhyobo

Post by mkazimhyobo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:59 pm

shace318 wrote:I applied 2 days ago, included Natwest bank statements which is printed from the bank, no signature or stamp in the statements but this was accepted at the PEO

shace
I am taking they were the ones that bank dispatches monthly on official letterhead

SSA_18

Post by SSA_18 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi Korikos / other members,

I'm having the exact same issue and am a bit worried about this.

I am on Tier 1 and due for ILR in a couple of weeks.

I received a statement on 19th August and now need another one reflecting my salary paid in on 27th Aug for my points. I have my PEO appointment in 2 weeks time. So I went in to the bank to print them and sign and stamp for the period from 19th August to 28th August but they refused. I'm a bit concerned.

I can print them off in colour from my own internet banking site and they look pretty good with the logo and my address and account details. Will that be sufficient ? :(

Anybody who can shed any light on this please ??

Many thanks in advance.

drmastoi

Post by drmastoi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:20 pm

LLOyds is fussy about stamping printed statement,happened to me 3 years ago and I wasted my money because of them .
I would suggest ,ORDER new Printed statements ,they will arrive within 7 days sometimes earlier .

Home office do not accept Non stamped online statement without your name,address and without address of Bank to my personal experience .

SSA_18

Post by SSA_18 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:56 am

Thank you drmatsoi .

Anybody else in a similar situation having issues getting bank statements ? Are there any workarounds for this problem please?

Any thoughts will be really appreciated...