ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (M) and CCJ (previously unknown!)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dabby

ILR Set (M) and CCJ (previously unknown!)

Post by Dabby » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Hello everyone,

We are applying for my partner's ILR soon after completing 2 qualifying years as unmarried partners (old system) on the Set (M) form.

We are keen to apply in person for a speedy decision but we have a few concerns.

We have recently discovered that he has a CCJ which was served last year at an address we no longer live at (even though they were informed of that!). We didn't know it had been served so it's been sat on his file all this time without any action. It's a large amount (over £20k) and to do with disputed university tuition fees (long story but basically these particular fees shouldn't have been charged).

Will our application get rejected because of the CCJ? How do we deal with the CCJ on the application?
Can we apply in-person or does this affect that (make it non-"straightforward")?

Secondly, the original unmarried partner visa that he's on now was initially rejected (over ridiculous reasons as posted previous on this website) and he was stuck in India for months whilst we appealed and they eventually withdrew the rejection entirely.

Does that affect our ability to apply in-person as the original visa was initially rejected and then withdrawn?

This forum was great support last time we went through hell and I hope I can get everyone's great advice again! :)

Thanks all

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set (M) and CCJ (previously unknown!)

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:01 pm

You need to declare the CCJ, you can ask the Court to set aside the CCJ (click) if you dispute it/did not know about the Court date. I would include a copy of the N244 if you choose to dispute the CCJ or evidence of repayment if you do not.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.