ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many times can I receive an EEA2?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Brumby
Newly Registered

How many times can I receive an EEA2?

Post by Brumby » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:32 pm

I arrived in the UK from NZ in 2006; my wife (EEA national) and I married in 2007. Subsequently I applied for and received an EEA2 residency card which expired last year.

At the time I applied for EEA2 my wife was working without any form of residency card; we skipped the part of the form about 'self sufficient' and 'students' as they didn't apply at the time. Therefore we had no idea when she later went into full-time bursary-funded study that there was any requirement for her to have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI).

I have recently applied for EEA4 and it has been rejected on the grounds of no evidence of CSI for the duration of my wife's (the EEA sponsor) study. UKBA have kidnapped my passport for good measure and have asked me to get in touch to discuss when I plan on leaving the country...

Meanwhile, since making my EEA4 application, my wife has gone back into employment. So, my cunning plan is to apply for a second EEA2 residency permit - is this possible or is the EEA2 a one-time-only deal? I can find no information to the contrary.

If a second EEA2 permit is not possible, what are my other options? Bearing in mind there is no time-machine which would allow me to go back in history and purchase comprehensive medical cover... I can always appeal, but I'm not particularly optimistic as the government is fairly shall we say cavalier regarding its EU treaty obligations.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: How many times can I receive an EEA2?

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 pm

2/3/4 or even 5 ( no time limit )

You may find some members in this forum currently in their 2nd or 3rd Family member resident card ( EEA2 )
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Brumby
Newly Registered

Post by Brumby » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Thanks for you reply - could anyone else having had multiple EEA2 permits in the past also chime in to confirm they did it without any hassles?

I'm hoping that if I call UKBA tomorrow and tell them I intend to scrap my EEA4 application and re-apply for EEA2, and that I can send them evidence of my wife's employment, then they should agree to send me back my passport - what do you think?

parten
Newly Registered

Post by parten » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:42 pm

when did she start her studies? does she currently have a CSI?