ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much time do I have to make FLR(M) for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Billion
Newly Registered

How much time do I have to make FLR(M) for spouse

Post by Billion » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi Gurus,
This forum has been quite insightful. I've searched but can't get answers to what I'm looking for.

I've got my ILR in Early March this year but before then, I was on Tier 2 General and my spouse was dependent on this visa as well. The Tier 2 General visa really should expire in November 2016 and so is my spouse's dependent visa. I applied for ILR since I became qualified for it after spending 5 years in the UK. However, my wife has not been able to pass the Knowledge of Life in the UK (after the third attempt). My concern is, how long do I have to make this application for her? Is it 28th days or till November 2016?

I will appreciate your replies please.

Billion.

pkvin
Newly Registered

Re: How much time do I have to make FLR(M) for spouse

Post by pkvin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi..

I think she can remain as PBS dependent until she qualify for ILR. I don't know whether you can use FLR(M)
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/exceptions

May be Vinny or some other senior members can confirm this. It will be useful information for me too.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:32 pm

If you applied for ILR as a PBS applicant you spouse can remain on PBS dep leave until such times as she extends or settles.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Billion
Newly Registered

Post by Billion » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:04 pm

Amber_ wrote:If you applied for ILR as a PBS applicant you spouse can remain on PBS dep leave until such times as she extends or settles.
Amber this information is quite useful and very helpful. It keeps my mind at rest. I appreciate this a lot. I'll now have to encourage my wife to pass the LIUK. Please is the test of English Language also required for her as I didn't need to do this. I had my Masters in UK. If yes, I'm not sure which one is needed. I've researched and see conflicting exams such as B1 and KEY.

Amba and all those who replied. God bless you. My mind is at rest now.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:18 am

For settlement. B1 English is required in addition to LIUK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Billion
Newly Registered

Post by Billion » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Amber_ wrote:For settlement. B1 English is required in addition to LIUK.
Amber, thank you and I pray someone to also help you when you when you need it.

Sarfi

Post by Sarfi » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:32 am

Have you renewed visa for your spouse after your ILR? If not then you should mind that dependents' visas stands cancelled soon after principal's visa is cancelled (as previous visa is cancelled before isuuing new ILR-Visa). This could be a big mistake if extenstion for dependents isn't made with 28-days. This is my opinion from my experience; which may be wrong (disclaimer).

pkvin
Newly Registered

Post by pkvin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi...can senior members confirm what Sarfi is saying.....I thought tier 2 dependents can continue as or apply for ( if they leave expire ) tier 2 dependents visa as long as main applicant applied for ILR as tier 2 migrant. This they can do so until they qualify for ILR.
Sarfi wrote:Have you renewed visa for your spouse after your ILR? If not then you should mind that dependents' visas stands cancelled soon after principal's visa is cancelled (as previous visa is cancelled before isuuing new ILR-Visa). This could be a big mistake if extenstion for dependents isn't made with 28-days. This is my opinion from my experience; which may be wrong (disclaimer).

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Sarfi is mistaken. Pkvin and Amber are correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.