ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thanks so much - Visa success!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lizzy90
Newly Registered

Thanks so much - Visa success!

Post by lizzy90 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:22 pm

Yay! This week I received my fiance visa! Thanks to this website a thorough immigration lawyer the BHC called me in record time. (They usually take 4-6weeks) I got a phone call in the second week to confirm my travel date and to say I was going through for final authorisation and this week I had a cool sticker saying was allowed to get married!!!

It was 3 weeks of stomach churning though! So I'm off next month to see my Fiance after not seeing him for 11 months.

Thanks again this site is full of valuable information - I'm sure I'll be back here for the next round. :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:22 pm

Congratulations! Glad it all worked out .. thus far .... safe journey to the UK .... great marriage .... easy FLR(M) application .... successful ILR application .... and then Naturalisation as British.

But then statistically there was very little chance of failure of the fiancée visa application in Wellington ..... year to 31.03.06 .... settlement visa applications ... 1438 granted ... just 5 applications rejected.
John

hughjars99
Newly Registered

Post by hughjars99 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:28 am

Many congratulations on your visa success!

John, as an aside, I dont suppose you know the statistics of spouse visa's applied for and then granted at the New York consulate?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:00 pm

Hi, Global Visa Statistics! Have a look at this topic, and then download the document I have provided a link to.

New York? Spouse visa? Well no specific information for spouse visa applications, but Settlement visa applications ... spouse ...fiancé(e) etc ..... see page 25 of 155 .... 1875 granted .... 60 refused.
John