ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Debt collectors issue - should I declare?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ferryahmed82

Debt collectors issue - should I declare?

Post by ferryahmed82 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 am

Hi All

I had an issue when I didn't received a bus lane fine because of wrong address, and they kept chasing me at the wrong address. Then I came to know about this after 7-8 months and I paid the full amount to the debt collectors and they confirmed they got no outstanding money left.

Then I called City council street parking department and they confirmed I don't have any other outstanding charges, and also confirmed with them that no charge (including the one which went to debt collectors) escalated to a level to involve a court.

So, I want to ask whether I should declare this in the ILR form or not? Because there was no court involved so no judgements whatsoever?

Any advice?

ferryahmed82

Re: Debt collectors issue - should I declare?

Post by ferryahmed82 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:11 pm

anyone?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Debt collectors issue - should I declare?

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:38 pm

If there isn't a CCJ you should not need to declare it. I'd check trust online to make sure.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.