ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How could I travel before receiving British passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alex_London2
Newly Registered

How could I travel before receiving British passport?

Post by Alex_London2 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:45 am

Hi Guys,

Apologies as the question has been asked many times but I wanted to get a definitive answer.

I need to submit my first British passport application (after naturalisation) next week as I am relocating for work to a foreign country in three weeks. My questions are:
1. Must I submit my current passport (a non-EU country) together with the application? Or is there a way to avoid that?
2. If I must submit my current passport, it means that I would not be able to travel in three weeks. So my ONLY option is not to apply for British passport before my relocation? ie, the only option is to apply the British passport overseas?

Many thanks
Alex

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How could I travel before receiving British passport?

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:55 am

You have to submit the original current passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.