ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canadian MBA Degree - Citizenship Eligibility

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunny1212
Newly Registered

Canadian MBA Degree - Citizenship Eligibility

Post by Sunny1212 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:00 am

Hi Gurus,

I have a question for my wife's british citizenship application.

She has received both a Bachelor of Commerce (Taught in English) and MBA Degree (Taught in English) from Canada (Carleton University - Ottawa).

The form AN asks for:

I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
- the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada)

Does this mean that she still has to complete a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification"?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Sunny

secret.simon

Re: Canadian MBA Degree - Citizenship Eligibility

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Because Canada is officially bilingual in English and French, Canadian qualifications are not assumed to be automatically taught in English.
Can you get the university to issue a letter on official letterhead stating that the courses were taught in English? If you can get such a letter, or if you can get a PBS printout giving you ten points for the English language requirement, then you would not need to give a qualifying English language test.