ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SEGS Visa (please delete this post

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajjad
Newly Registered

SEGS Visa (please delete this post

Post by sajjad » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:52 pm

I would be please if Moderator of this forum delete this post
due to mistakenly I mentioned real people , places name in this post and it can be a problem for those related concerned persons for Data privacy issues

thanks
Last edited by sajjad on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:51 pm

Just apply as usual. When you come to the question in VAF, where you are asked whether you have ever been removed, deported or asked to leave - say yes and at the bottom explain in two sentences that unfortunately due to xxxxx circumstances, were unable to submit on-time application, was late for 1 day, received IS151A (if applicable) and left voluntarily xxxxx.

Perhaps jot down a short cover letter to ECO explaining that, as well.

If all the SEGS conditions are met you will get your visa.

Best of luck!

sashank

Overstay

Post by sashank » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:16 pm

Hi Jeff
Has he really overstayed?

SAS

sajjad
Newly Registered

Post by sajjad » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:49 am

Sajjad
Last edited by sajjad on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

sashank

Overstay

Post by sashank » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:08 am

I do not think you have overstayed. From the 1 Jan, your passport was with homeoffice and you had visa till 31 Jan. You could have appealed explaining the circumstances and I think you would have been successful.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:37 pm

Well, visa expired on 31st January but you applied for an extension on 1st February.

How did you apply? Where the application was made?

Did you send it in the post? When did you post it?

The only way that would have made your stay continuous, if you had booked an appointment at PEO before 31st January and visited them on the day given to you. Then, even if it was a few days late, your stay would have been deemed continuing.

It is pointless to speculate now - the fact is that you are now back to your own country and should make an application in a usual way.

The IS151A is "Notice of decision to a person liable to administrative removal". If the LEO at Eaton House did not give it to you, then you shouldn't worry about this but you will still have to answer the question in VAF that you were asked to leave the country.

sashank

Post by sashank » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:27 pm

What impact would it have if HO recognised the date application raised on 1 feb having said that the visa expired on 31 jan.

SAS

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:32 pm

To moderator, I dont think the name of the head of the student services should be published which is mentioned at the top of the post for privacy reasons

sajjad
Newly Registered

Post by sajjad » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:20 pm

sajjad
Last edited by sajjad on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:28 pm

sajjad wrote: or can be neglected by British Embassy. and most of the Solicitors told me that I have 20% success rate and 80% failure chances to get Visa chances if I apply again for SEGS.
Unfortunately, it appears that you have overstayed. I cannot say that you have 20% of success but this may be held against you to some extent.

SEGS is not the best visa to apply for in your situation. Work Permit or HSMP would have given you better chances, I would say up to 90%.

The problem with SEGS is that there is "returnability" criterion that has to be satisfied.
I would say that in your situation, the onus will be on you to prove this. One day overstay is not an indication (in your situation) that you were not going to return to your home country at the end of your stay if you were not eligible to switch to another category.

I suggest you write a cover letter explaining exactly what happened, similarily to what you did here but in good English using correct grammar. In the letter you need to concetrate on the following:

- During the duration of your stay in the UK you have never been in breach of your visa conditions - you never claimed public funds, you never worked more than 20 hours a week, you do not have criminal record, you studied well, successfully completed your degree (enclose a degree certificate, any testimonials, academic grades, evidence of attendance), that you have skills needed to the UK economy (any job applications you made, interviews you had), that you are in the right age to start your career and progress with it swiftly
- You were aware that you would either need to switch to SEGS in country or leave and apply from abroad, that you were making all the necessary preparations to follow the rules, that you prepared your application correctly but unfortunately because of ....... and ......... and ........ you were unable to submit an application of time, although you did everything within your control.

Do not sound apologetic, condescending or too sweet. Stick to the facts, remember even if you overstayed, you do not owe anything to ECOs - they are simply doing their job and simply expect that all the relevant rules are met in your application - that's all. Ordinarily they do not want to refuse visas and if you prepare a good case yourself and explain everything they will even be able to help you.

Best of luck and I am sure it will go well.

sajjad
Newly Registered

Post by sajjad » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:35 pm

thanks
Last edited by sajjad on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:21 am

ECO = Entry Clearence Officer
They are the people who are just doing the job but some lives depend on them and their ultimate decision