ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 Working VISA to Schengen

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lyndens
Newly Registered

Tier 5 Working VISA to Schengen

Post by lyndens » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi,

I am an Australian living in the UK on a tier 5 youth mobility VISA.
While on this VISA, i have spent a lot of time in the Schengen area.
and i have been told that while on the UK VISA the rules are that i can spend 3 months out of every 6 in Schengen area.
My intention is to go into the Schengen area for travel after my UK VISA expires. Being an Australian citizen, i can spend 3 months out of 6 in Schengen.
On top of this, I have just received a new passport, replacing my old passport because of limited space. But have not yet used it. But i assume that i will have to show my cancelled passport which still has the VISA in it.

MY Question is, once my VISA expires and i go into Schengen area will this reset the time i have already spent in Schengen?

Thanks

tahlia0114
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Tier 5 Working VISA to Schengen

Post by tahlia0114 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:23 am

As an Australian, the validity of your UK visa is irrelevant when travelling in the Schengen area.
Generally, Australian tourists planning to spend less than a total of 90 days within a 180 day period in the 'Schengen area' do not require visas for countries which are parties to the Schengen Convention.

From 19 July 2013 you may be refused entry to the Schengen area if you have less than three months validity remaining on your passport from your intended date of departure from the Schengen area.
http://smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view ... e_Schengen