ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank balance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vrk

Bank balance

Post by vrk » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 G visa valid until 14th April 2014. I got married in February 2014. My wife joined me on Dependent visa from India in March 2014 and she was given visa till 14th April as well. Now I would like to extend both of our visa inside UK under the same Tier 2 G. My sponsor has issued me a new CoS with appropriate salary.

I have maintained £900 in one account for past 6 months (for my visa).

In another account, unfortunately, in January from 20th to 27th, for 7 days, the balance was £560, (below £600, £40 less), as I was shopping for my wedding and did not realise. Rest of the time (from November 2013 to April 2014) I have more than £1000 in this account

Can anyone please help me with the best way to apply? I have thought of few options as below:

1. Can I wait till April 27th to apply? So I can then show the 3 months bank statement (from 27jan to 27th apr). I think I will be overstayer as my visa runs out on 14th april.
2. Should I apply now with just the bank statement supporting the main applicant, and since it takes 8 weeks for the HO to decide, can I submit the bank statement on 27th april for the dependent? saying I had missed to attach a document?
3. Apply anyways and hope for the best.
4. Apply now and once they reject, reapply, by which time I can give new bank statement for 3 months.

Please help!! It is really urgent. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Bank balance

Post by hassanh » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Hi Vrk,

The easiest way is to ask your employer to certify maintenance for you on the Cos. Also, ask your employer to provide a letter to certify your wife's maintenance. I hope this will help.

Thanks,
Hassan

vrk

Post by vrk » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, my sponsorer has already issued CoS and also they will not agree to this.
Plus my wife is already here in the UK for more than a month now.

I just read somewhere, that if you are applying for extension of Tier 2, then you do not need to show the maintenance proof as you have already shown in your previous application. Is this true?

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi Vrk,

This is what I found in policy guidance:

You will be awarded 10 points if:
• you currently have entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as a Tier 2 skilled
worker; work permit holder; Jewish Agency Employee; Member of the Operational Ground
Staff of an Overseas-owned Airline; Minister of Religion; Missionary; Member of a Religious
Order; or Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting
Organisation; or
• your A-rated (Premium), A-rated Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) or A-rated
sponsor certifies on the Certificate of Sponsorship that they will maintain and accommodate
you up to the end of your first month of employment in the UK if required. Your sponsor may
Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 04/2014) - Page 33 of 63
limit the amount of the undertaking, but any limit must be at least £900 (£945 if applying on
or after 1 July 2014); or

Even if this is the case, then I think you still need to show maintenance for your wife and you have to show maintenance for yourself plus for dependent anyway to claim maintenance points. This will leave you in the same situation where you are. If the above also apply on dependents then your problem is solved but you need to confirm this.

You employer can do the amendments by mentioning in "The sponsor note". The can mention there that by mistake they forgot to tick the certify maintenance box and they wish to certify applicant's and his dependent's maintenance. Then they can provide you with the letter stating they are going to certify maintenance for you and your dependent. I think they will agree if you explain them your situation. I would say don't apply within 28 days of your visa expiry date as this will leave you with no right of appeal and complexities. I also believe if you apply after your current visa expiry date then you will not be able to work for your current sponsor as you cannot work for any sponsor beyond the date mentioned on the COS unless you apply for extension within time. It will also involve making a fresh Tier 2 application and RLMT etc.

What you can also do is sending your wife back home and apply for extension for yourself only as you already satisfy your own maintenance. Once you get your visa approved then your wife can apply from overseas. This will obviously cost you some time and money. Also, just to confirm if your wife apply separately then you will have to show maintenance funds for both you and your wife for 3 months means £900+£600=£1500. Kindly, confirm the maintenance amount from UKVI website as it is going to be changed from 1st July, 2014. £945 for main applicant and not sure what is it for dependent.

I think you should seek advice from other senior members over here. All the best.

Regards,
Hassan

vrk

Post by vrk » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for your response. As per your reply, the first point clearly states 10 points will be awarded if I have Tier 2 Visa. Plus I tried the points calculator on the HO Website. Even it states the same thing.

I also found this thread to which Manci has replied the same.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 49901.html

I guess the bank statement is not required since both me and my wife are on Tier 2 and are applying for extension. But I am tempted to attach the bank statement anyways.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi Boss,

Good news for you :) Check the below link (Page 9, Topic: Family member of a tier 2 migrant). Its last two points will solve your problem :)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

It clearly says if Tier 2 migrant is exempt from showing maintenance then his/her dependants who are applying at the same time as Tier 2 migrant are also exempt from showing maintenance.

I would say not to include bank statements to avoid confusion as these are not needed in your case. You can include one month statement as a proof of address if you wish.

I hope your and your wife's visa come through easily. All the best.

Regards,
Hassan

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Keep this thread updated regarding your application please. Thanks

fokus
Newly Registered

Post by fokus » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:51 pm

re CoS

Even after certificate has already been issues employer can login to SMS and add a note to certificate: "we hereby certify maintenance for employer's dependants."
Takes literally 1 minute to do. Then print a copy of CoS with this note and attach to application instead of the old copy.