ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR QUERY, URGENT!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fna81
Newly Registered

ILR QUERY, URGENT!!!

Post by fna81 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi members,

I am new to this forum and has read posts by the fellow members helping each other in every possible way. My query is that I am going to apply for my ILR in May 2014. i currently have tier 1 general visa. i was suppose to get my ILR last year but unfortunately I had to travel to my native country for my mother in who was severly ill. i stayed for about 10 months and then again came here. I again re extended my tier 1 visa which is now valid till 2015.
my problem is i got my last extension by showing overseas income. but i am going to apply for my IlR by justifying the absences through compasionate reason of my mum. i will attach my mums medical documents, dates she was admitted to hospitaL and discharge sheets etc. at that time my brother was in states for his higher studies and there was no one else to stay there except me.
i have a concern that i will show compasionate reason to justify my absences but the last extension that i got was granted by showing overseas income. also that i am registered as a self employed. the moment i was going to my native country , my job contract was over the same month. so do you think that my absences must be job related? according to modern guidance on page no 21, if ur native country earnings become primary and UK secondary, the continuous resident period will be broken. has any one have any idea ? whats ur say on my case? plz help me as i am really worried.

argus7
Wales

Re: ILR QUERY, URGENT!!!

Post by argus7 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:07 pm

You broke the residency period, Simple solution is to renew Tier 1 G visa before 5th April 2015 and get extended for 2/3 yrs depending your initial grant and then apply for ILR.

Thanks,