ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Liverpool PEO April 12 (with TV Lic Convictn)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Deenfat
Newly Registered

ILR Success @ Liverpool PEO April 12 (with TV Lic Convictn)

Post by Deenfat » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Thanks to all the members of this forum for your help and insight. Not only that you saved me £££s in Lawyer fee, you also made me became quasi expert on Tier 1(G) to ILR application process.

My case is not a straight forward one because of the following:

1. My dependent was convicted of TV licensing offence two months before our ILR was due

2. She has not been on my Visa as a dependent for up to two years - although we have been living together as partners for more than two years in the UK. She first came as a student on Tier 4, we then switched just in time before the July 2012 new rules kicked in.

3. There was an error in granting the dependent visa, rather than the visa to read dependent Partner of Tier 1(G) person, it mistakenly says dependent partner of tier 4. It was corrected but no until around sept 2012, therefore I was apprehensive they might say the rule that applies will be 5 years cohabitation.

Anyways, I arrived 9.30am for a 10am appointment and have gone through the same standard PEO process so need not to repeat it here and I was out of the place with approval letter (for two of us) by 12pm – spending circa 2.30 hours. No questions asked about the conviction or the fact that my dependent was not on my visa for two years.

The process for me was straightforward, although I anticipated to be dealt with a bit quicker as there weren’t a lot of people but with my problems, I am sure they had to do a lot of checks.

Documents Submitted:
1. Set (O) form
2. Photographs (for two people)
3. Passport (for two people) & BPR
4. Cover letter outlining absences (<180 days) and employer letter saying how many holidays I am entitled to per year
5. Life in UK test Results (for two people)
6. MSc Certificate (for dependent, I don’t have to show mine as I used it on previous application)
7. Previous Earnings - 12 months Payslips
8. Previous Earnings - 12 months bank statements
9. P60 for last 5 years
10. Cohabitation Documents (From diff sources covering 2 years)

Photocopy of the above, except the application form.

Good luck for folks that are in the process and do let me know if I may be of help, although I will not be coming to the forum as often as I use to from now on.

nkc14
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success @ Liverpool PEO April 12 (with TV Lic Convic

Post by nkc14 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Congrats!
Did you use the new set o form or the old one?

Deenfat
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success @ Liverpool PEO April 12 (with TV Lic Convic

Post by Deenfat » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Used the new form.