ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic Abuse - homeoffice - advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mani_116
Newly Registered

Domestic Abuse - homeoffice - advise

Post by mani_116 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi everyone. I am from Pakistan. I have been in UK since 2006. in 2011 I married a British citizen (British/Pakistani) with good intentions. I bought a house which was registered to both our names, I bought her a nice car and did everything else any husband will do for his wife. but her family and herself would always find something to fight with me over. sometimes i wasn't allowed to speak to my mother or sisters in Pakistan. i had my passport stolen by her brother to be threatened not to see my sister in UK otherwise my pieces will be put inside a suitcase and on the first flight to Pakistan. i always kept quiet as i was afraid if i fight my marriage might break up. then last year when my 2 year spouse visa was expiring she and her family said i will only get another 2 year visa not ILR and i will have to sign my half of the house over to her. so i left her and 48 hours before my flight back to Pakistan she came to find me, apologised and said she does not want the house and she will apply for my visa. so we applied for ILR, when we went for interview she gave incorrect answers and told them i was blackmailing her into giving me a visa. she was pregnant with twins at the time. i overlooked her lying as well as i was looking forward to starting a family. between Aug 2013 and now she has been verbally abusive, violent, threw things at me, grabbed me by my collar and pushed me. locked me out of my own house and called the police, only to go to the police station later to say she was hormonal and did not know what she was doing. and now most recently her mother came to our house, threatening to cut my guts out and having my family in Pakistan "taken care of" and finally hitting/slapping me just because i was cleaning my car and not washing dishes, cooking and cleaning. when i called the police my wife said if i report her mother our relationship is over and after i spoke to 999 she called them and said made a false statement and that i was the one being violent. fortunately i have everything on record as i have been expecting trouble from her and her family. i have given the recording to the police and have moved out of our home so her brothers don't come around to give me a kicking. her mother went to Pakistan 2 days after the incident and wont return for a few months but the police are talking to my neighbours who saw it all and making a case against her. my wife is expected in may/June. she has said she will never let me see the kids. i know i can get a contact order and i can prove to courts as well that she and her family are not capable. but in the meantime should i tell the home office? there isn't any divorce. i have moved to a different town and living with my sister i have given her the option to move away from her interfering family so we can start our OWN life but she has said she is not going to compromise. I do not know what i will do as there are 2 innocent lives involved now. what can/should i do ?

thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Domestic Abuse - homeoffice - advise

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:27 pm

What is your immigration status?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mani_116
Newly Registered

Post by mani_116 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:14 am

Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR). was supposed to be ILR but my wife started lying at her interview sayiing I was blackmailing her into giving me a visa, so the HomeOffice gave me a 2 year DLR

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:46 am

Valid from, until?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mani_116
Newly Registered

Post by mani_116 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:54 pm

valid from AUG 2013 - AUG 2015

mani_116
Newly Registered

Post by mani_116 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:35 am

anyone ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:30 am

Continue on DLR until either 6 years DLR or 10 years continuous and valid stay.