ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved at PEO Croydon (Ltd Co. Director) 12Apr2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dsat1
Newly Registered

ILR approved at PEO Croydon (Ltd Co. Director) 12Apr2014

Post by dsat1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks everyone on the forum for the incredible wealth of information that helped us get through Tier 1 (General) to ILR. I must say that it is quite an exhausting process and without access to all the posts, it would have been even more torturous!!

Original Appointment: 10am (Saturday) - booked 42 days in advance the minute the slots opened up
Arrived: 9:05am
Reception (provided appointment later and given ticket number): 9:15am
Application Submission (called by case worker, application updated into system): 9:30am
Biometrics Information Collected (biometrics officer took our application and supporting docs): 9:45am
Ready for Collection: 10:45am

We had a Saturday morning appointment at Croydon PEO, and I must say it is the most seamless and peaceful experience we've ever had. The staff were very very friendly, professional and relaxed, from security to reception to the case workers, which made us feel quite at ease. The staff did mention that only 50 appointments are scheduled for Saturday and being a very quiet day, most applications get processed in 45-60 minutes. Oh, and if you're driving in on Saturday morning, Croydon is quite traffic-free. The Dingwall Road NCP car park was ideal off the main road and the two hours we took cost about £4.30.

The appointment letter did indicate that we would not be let in if we arrived before 9:30am, but took the chance and had no issues. The place was a ghost town!

In terms of documentation, the forums seems to cover a wide spectrum of documentation needed, but based on a few of the forum experiences, we thought we would provide the minimum required (but having the rest in hand as well).

GENERAL
1. PEO appointment email and payment sheet
2. Current/Previous passports
3. Biometric Cards + passport photographs
4. Completed Set(O) form
5. Life in the UK pass notification (for my wife and I)
6. English evidence not required as we're from Australia/USA respectively so passports were sufficient

INCOME
1. Main Applicant payslips (generated on payroll-style A5 paper)
2. Main Applicant Dividend Vouchers (on company letterhead signed by me as Director)
3. 12 months of personal bank statements(with pay and dividend transactions marker-highlighted)
4. Letter from Accountant (on letterhead + signed) indicating I'm a director and that they confirm the income declared
5. Letter from Accountant validating payslips as genuine (my accountant generates my payslips through their payroll service)
6. HMRC annual PAYE CODE notification letter indicating that I am an "employee" of the limited company (I had heard of issues of being considered self-employed)
7. Printout of accountant membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants from website (ICAEW).

COHABITATION
1. Marriage certificate
2. Joint documents - 2 council tax statements, 2 gas statements, 2 bank statements, 1 electricity statement, 2 NHS letters (a bit more than the 6 required just to try to evenly cover dates across 24 months - biggest gap was 6 months)

ABSENCE
This was probably the trickiest to figure out how to represent, given that I was employed for part of the last 5 years and then director for the other half.

1. Spreadsheet listing all absences over last 5 years (departure date, return date, days of absence, reason)
- this worked out to about 400 days over 5 years, mostly on business travel with the longest trip being 5 weeks.
- reasons I used were "holiday - not in employment", "business trip", "holiday - annual leave"
- these dates generally lined up with stamps in the passport, although for some trips there were no stamps
2. Letter from previous employer listing annual leave taken (letterhead/signed)
3. Letter from previous employer listing all business travel (letterhead/sgined)
4. Spreadsheet listing my wife's absences over the last 5 years (not sure this is needed, but I guess it's work done for naturalisation!)
5. Letter from my wife's employer listing annual leave allocation for each year (email only, no letterhead)

Many of the dates on the employer letters did not correspond with the spreadsheet for various reasons (didn't travel as part of annual leave, time off in lieu not tracked).

OTHER INFORMATION
1. Proof of graduation (even though probably not required as I ticked the box indicating please use qualifications accepted in previous Tier 1 application)
2. Previous biometric registration information (to validate questions requiring place/date of original biometric fingerprinting)
3. Original Tier 1 approval letter from Home Office (to validate date of first approval)

We also had photocopies of all these docs but didn't hand them over, and we weren't asked to at any point.

And that was about it. No business bank statements, company VAT registration/returns, incorporation statements, invoices, annual returns etc. In fact, I didn't even take many of these as backup because I was already overwhelmed with the amount of documents! We did get a little bit nervous when we checked the version of the Set(O)form the night before and there was a new one dated Apr 2014. The only difference I could see was the fees. And both Dec 2013 and Apr 2014 forms indicated that the Dec 2013 immigration rules applied. In any case, I was totally over it by then so no energy to even try :-)

What was also interesting is that we had filed each document set in individual transparent "closed" sleeves and when we got it back, we could only see a few of them had been removed (because they weren't placed back in the sleeves)
1) payslips, dividend vouchers, bank statements
2) absences
3) life in the UK
4) accountant documents

None of the others appeared to have been touched. Or they very carefully reinserted the docs back into the sleeves which seems unlikely.

Good luck to the rest of you guys trying and thanks a lot for all the help. Awesome forum and hope the details provided here are helpful.

MK123
United Kingdom

Re: ILR approved at PEO Croydon (Ltd Co. Director) 12Apr2014

Post by MK123 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Congrats mate. Thanks for posting the details.

etelsa

Post by etelsa » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Excellent. Congrats. I am applying on 30th April.

A couple of questions:

1. Didn't you show them the contracts, Invoices and remittance advises?
2. Apart from PAYE coding notice, which other document did you presented from HMRC?

Many thanks and regards,

Tier1immigrant

Post by Tier1immigrant » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi Dsat1

What time do the appointment slots open up?

Thanks

dsat1
Newly Registered

Post by dsat1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Tier1immigrant >> As lots of folks on the forum indicated, it seems slots open up 42 days in advance. I booked on 1st March 1am for slots on 12th April 2014. I had tried on the 28th of February and was not given the option to select dates on the 12th of April.

etelsa>> Thanks. No, I did not provide any contracts, invoices or remittance advises. And no other documentation from HMRC apart from the PAYE one. Perhaps it's different if you work as a contractor within a limited company setup and invoice frequently. We work on fixed-price engagements with milestone invoicing so would have been rather awkward to produce any invoices which line up with dividend/salary. Good luck for the 30th!

etelsa

Post by etelsa » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Dear dsat1,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.

I cant see much the difference working as a contractor within a ltd company. I am at the end of the day a director and employee of my company like you. So I have monthly payslips generated by the software from my accountants and the dividends vouchers same as you.

I do not invoice frequently I mean like monthly, I do it very 3 or 4 months, I do have the remittance advises corresponding to each invoice and obviously the business bank statement showing the money paid in. I will take all this documentation in case they need it.

But I think I will follow what you did and present the documents you presented. Obviously I will carry with me all other documentation for the last 5 years such as:
Certificate of incorporation of the Ltd Company
SATR
Last tax return
P60 and p45
Employment history from HMRC
NI contributions from HMRC
Letter from accountants
Business bank staments
Remittance advises

Dear Tier1immigrant, I booked the appointment last friday 11th and there were lots of time slots available I did it at about 3.30 pm. Hope this helps.

Regards and good luck.

Mostar95
- thin ice -

Post by Mostar95 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Your qualification and previous nationality background were far more than enough to grant you the ILR, rest was just the case of getting together so many documents, funnily hiring another number cruncher and paying the fees to the Her Royal Highness treasury (and to memorize the names of the 6 wives of Henry the VIII)!

ICAEW!!! :D