ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Citzenship and recived a letter from Bailiff

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeezee810
Newly Registered

Applied for Citzenship and recived a letter from Bailiff

Post by zeezee810 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:54 pm

Dear All,

I am a bit stressed out as I had received a bailiff letter for an unpaid council tax for my previous address.

I have called the bailiff company and have settled the charges today, will this affect my citzenship? Do I need to inform the Homeoffice. I did apply a month ago.

Please advise.

THanks

runie80
Member of Standing

Re: Applied for Citzenship and recived a letter from Bailiff

Post by runie80 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm

No point stressing now.

All u can do is make sure that all parties are happy once the matter is settled.

I would advise to get some sort of slip or acknowledgement from the balif company u paid money to. Also contact the relevant authority and explain why the payment was not made and explain that it has now been settled and if they can acknowledge it too via some letter or something.

Did you went to court or got something from Court on it?

*all I can think of is as the matter is now settled u can make sure that all parties are on same page. And you have prof that all parties are happy with this and that's the end of the matter.

Always a good idea to keep all your council bills and payments in order and if u move always notify them and clear any balance. I presume u paid a lot more now than your original bill?
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

zeezee810
Newly Registered

Post by zeezee810 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi Runie80,

Thanks for the reply.

Well the bailiff letter was an enforcement letter approved by wimbledon magistrates court. I had till the 25th April to appeal it. I just paid it off as the amount was not much.

The guy on the phone confirmed the case closed.

As you mentioned there is not much I can do but wait..I had completely forgot about the bill!! WHich is annoying me thinking about it!!

Please advise.

Thanks

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:19 pm

zeezee810 wrote:Hi Runie80,

Thanks for the reply.

Well the bailiff letter was an enforcement letter approved by wimbledon magistrates court. I had till the 25th April to appeal it. I just paid it off as the amount was not much.

The guy on the phone confirmed the case closed.

As you mentioned there is not much I can do but wait..I had completely forgot about the bill!! WHich is annoying me thinking about it!!

Please advise.

Thanks
Ask them to send you the confirmation of payment.
Also call the concerned council and inform them of the payment. And ask them to send the statement if your council tax bill showing this adjustment as the matter has been settled. Unfortunately we have to deal with immigration matters and "verbal" acknowledgements are no good for us. Home office won't believe any "verbal" agreements. They want paper trail and proof.

You have paid and cleared the matter in a amicable way so they should have no problem providing documentation to u for this.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.