ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for my mother-in-law

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smsantosh
Newly Registered

Visa for my mother-in-law

Post by smsantosh » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:09 pm

Dear all,

I applied for HSMP in March 2005 and the application got approved and I was in the UK in July 2005. Today after 2 years both my wife and me are in good permanent jobs working for leading firms in the UK. HSMP has worked out very well for us.

Unfortunately, in 2005 we applied for my mother-in-law's visa as a HSMP dependent as my mother-in-law is a widow and has no other relatives in India. My sister-in-law is married to a Mauritian and is now settled in Mauritius. The visa got rejected because there is no provision for a parent to join their siblings under HSMP.

We then applied for a visitor's visa so that she could stay with us for 6 months and then go back to India. This visa was rejected because the immigration expert thought that my mother-in-law had no intentions of going back to India after her stay in the UK and the other reason was that she did not own any property back in India to go back to. My mother-in-law lives in my flat in India.

My mother-in-law has been to the Mauritius twice to be with my sister-in-law after she gave birth to a baby girl and fully complying with the immigration rules and returned to India.

I intend to make another application for a visitor's visa for the UK now after 2 years with two arguments
1) My mother-in-law has complied with immigration rules of a different country and returned back to India. Hence visiting UK should be no different
2) My mother-in-law needs to visit Mauritius to help my sister-in-law in taking care of the new born and hence she will definately return back to India.

Could you please let me know your thoughts on this and give me an opinion if you think that my mother-in-law is a genuine visitor and will return back after 6 months?

Also, if you could help me in deciding whether we can go ahead and make an application or would it result in a rejection again?

Best regards,
Santosh