ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How soon can someone with 14 years ILR apply for BC?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zebrudaya

How soon can someone with 14 years ILR apply for BC?

Post by Zebrudaya » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:52 am

Dear Seniors,

Please I was asked this question by someone but I could not find the answer despite trawling through similar posts on this website! A woman who was granted ILR on the basis of 14 years stay in the UK in May 2013, asked me to confirm if she is eligible to apply for British Citizenship as she will complete one full year after the receipt of ILR in this month ( April 2014 ).
I have gone to the Home office/UKBA website but couldn`t get a definite answer, hence I have come to you seniors to confirm if she is qualified to apply for British Citizenship after one year from getting ILR based on 14 years abode in the UK.

I thank you ladies and gentlemen for an anticipated quick response to my question.

Zebrudaya

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: How soon can someone with 14 years ILR apply for BC?

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:35 am

Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)