ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helpwithilr
Newly Registered

ILR for spouse

Post by helpwithilr » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:49 am

Hi,
Background,

I got my ILR via the Tier 2, 5 years stay route and since have got my british citizenship. My wife was on a tier 1 until 05/06/2012, then extended her stay on a 'spouse/partner leave to remain' visa.

I need to confirm if my understanding is correct.
1. My wife is on the 'spouse/partner leave to remain' visa for the last two years now (expires on 06/06/2014), so I believe she is eligible to apply for ILR on 06/05/2014, is that correct?

2. To prove English language we got a letter from NARIC (statement of comparability) two years back when we applied for the partner visa, will this still be valid for ILR or do we need another letter.

3. We need to use SET M to apply for the visa?

thanks in advance for the advise.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: ILR for spouse

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:59 pm

helpwithilr wrote:Hi,
Background,

I got my ILR via the Tier 2, 5 years stay route and since have got my british citizenship. My wife was on a tier 1 until 05/06/2012, then extended her stay on a 'spouse/partner leave to remain' visa.

I need to confirm if my understanding is correct.
1. My wife is on the 'spouse/partner leave to remain' visa for the last two years now (expires on 06/06/2014), so I believe she is eligible to apply for ILR on 06/05/2014, is that correct?
it sould be around or after 08/05/2014 to be on safe side according to 28 day rule.

2. To prove English language we got a letter from NARIC (statement of comparability) two years back when we applied for the partner visa, will this still be valid for ILR or do we need another letter.

yes you can use that if it equals uk bachelor degree.

3. We need to use SET M to apply for the visa?
i have a doubt about this make sure if its set m or set o because wrk prmt holders are using set o form but i am not sure

thanks in advance for the advise.
ss