ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPEEDING TICKET V/C ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

SPEEDING TICKET V/C ILR

Post by vikram_razdan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:02 pm

HI THERE,
i was caught by a speed camera and a notice send to me last year, i was on international driving permit at that time.
i was told my case has been reffered to magistrate as my license can not be stamped.
six months later i was still waiting for any more news on that.
now i shifted house and acquired my british license do i have to contact them myself or wait for them to contact me ?
does it affect my case for ilr due next year with the speeding case pending?
i have seen a similiar thread like this elsewhere but the difference is that i have not recieved any further intimation from constabulary about it.
please help me out on this.
thanx
vikram

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: SPEEDING TICKET V/C ILR

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:00 pm

vikram_razdan wrote:HI THERE,
i was caught by a speed camera and a notice send to me last year, i was on international driving permit at that time.
i was told my case has been reffered to magistrate as my license can not be stamped.
six months later i was still waiting for any more news on that.
now i shifted house and acquired my british license do i have to contact them myself or wait for them to contact me ?
does it affect my case for ilr due next year with the speeding case pending?
i have seen a similiar thread like this elsewhere but the difference is that i have not recieved any further intimation from constabulary about it.
please help me out on this.
thanx
vikram
How long had you been driving on your foreign licence when the offence occurred?

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:13 pm

Was there a fixed penalty offer from the police initially ?
What was the speed you were doing and the speedlimit of the road ?
If your case has been forwarded then I think you have to wait upto 12 months (depends on which part of the country you are)

ILR is less likely to be affected if it is a Fixed penalty notice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:28 pm

vin123 wrote:Was there a fixed penalty offer from the police initially ?
What was the speed you were doing and the speedlimit of the road ?
If your case has been forwarded then I think you have to wait upto 12 months (depends on which part of the country you are)

ILR is less likely to be affected if it is a Fixed penalty notice.
Trying to read between the lines but if the OP is nearing ILR, and the offence was 'last year' and the OP was still on his International Driving Licence then he might be in trouble cos ISTR they are only of 12 months duration.

Lot's of guesswork there!

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

Post by vikram_razdan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:21 pm

HI THERE,
I HAD INTERNATIONAL LICENSE FOR ONLY 1 YEAR AND HAVE SINCE CONVERTED IN TO BRITISH LICENSE.
I AHVE NO OTHER INTIMATION FROM THE CONSTABULARY AND THAT IS WHY I THINK I SHOULD CALL THEM AND ENQUIRE ABOUT IT.
MY QUESTION IS WHETHER I NEED TO MENTION THIS (FOR ILR) IF THERE IS NO MORE INTIMATION FROM POLICE OR MAGISTRATE AND
DOES IT SHOW ON POLICE OR HOME OFFICE COMPUTER IF I AM NOT FORMALLY CONVICTED OF THE OFFENCE ?( SO NO WAY OF CHECKING IT FOR ILR IF I GO FOR SAME DAY SERVICE)
OR IF THERE IS ANY OTHER WAY TO DEAL WITH IT ?
REGARDS,
VIKRAM

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

ADDITIONAL INFO

Post by vikram_razdan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:24 pm

HI THERE,
I SEND IN MY IDP AND THAT IS WHEN I GOT THE LETTER STATING THAT THIS WILL BE PROCESSED BY MAGISTRATE.
I WAS DOING 38 IN 30 MILE ZONE AT MIDNIGHT.
THAT IS THE ONLY SPEEDING TICKET I GOT !!
SO SHOULD I CALL THEM AS I HAVE SHIFTED HOUSE SINCE THEN OR WAIT FOR THEM TO CONTACT ME?
REGARDS,
VIKRAM

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:25 pm

I HAD INTERNATIONAL LICENSE FOR ONLY 1 YEAR AND HAVE SINCE CONVERTED IN TO BRITISH LICENSE.
I AHVE NO OTHER INTIMATION FROM THE CONSTABULARY AND THAT IS WHY I THINK I SHOULD CALL THEM AND ENQUIRE ABOUT IT.
MY QUESTION IS WHETHER I NEED TO MENTION THIS (FOR ILR) IF THERE IS NO MORE INTIMATION FROM POLICE OR MAGISTRATE AND
DOES IT SHOW ON POLICE OR HOME OFFICE COMPUTER IF I AM NOT FORMALLY CONVICTED OF THE OFFENCE ?( SO NO WAY OF CHECKING IT FOR ILR IF I GO FOR SAME DAY SERVICE)
REGARDS,
VIKRAM
Sorry but how can you be nearing ILR but have been in internation licence only one year ago?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:26 pm

REGARDS,
VIKRAM
Sorry but how can you be nearing ILR but have been on international licence only one year ago? Are u getting ILR via marraige?

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

FROM VIKRAM

Post by vikram_razdan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:35 pm

HI THERE,
I HAD IDP TILL JULY 2005 FROM 2004, I CAME IN THIS COUNTRY IN NOVEMBER 2003.
I AM DUE FOR ILR IN 2008 NOVEMBER.
HOPE THIS CLARIFIES MATTER.
REGARDS,
VIKRAM RAZDAN

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:29 pm

First stop using capitals and
Second stop repeating the information like we can't read it.

Ask for a Subject access report to see if it is listed on your file
I doubt it but if you are bothered by it, then you should check up on it.

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS

Post by vikram_razdan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi SYH,
sorry for the caps, i am used to caps that is all the reason why i left them on by mistake.
can you point to the thread or a link for subject access request report ?
thanks for your help.
regards,
vikram

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:30 pm

Please do a search and type in the words subject access

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

subject access report

Post by vikram_razdan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:57 pm

hi syh,
thanks for info, i will surely write to them and see if they have any thing on me when the time to ilr is closer.
just one last question on this matter, is the info on this files all that caseworker will refer to when deciding the ilr, in that case if there is nothing on this files then i can straight away go to peo office for the premium service.
thanks for your help.
regards,
vikram