ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing job under Tier 2 General Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanbhaumik
Newly Registered

Changing job under Tier 2 General Visa

Post by sanbhaumik » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Hello,

I am working on Tier 2 General Visa under a sponsor. My Visa has been issued for three years which expires in Jan 2017. The question is, if I want to change my job, is it just the Certificate of Sponsorship that needs to be changed or the Visa has to be applied afresh?

Thanks,
Sanbhaumik.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Changing job under Tier 2 General Visa

Post by manci » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:54 pm

is the new job with the same sponsor or a new one? Will your SOC code change?

sanbhaumik
Newly Registered

Post by sanbhaumik » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 pm

It will be a new job with a new employer. I do not have the job yet. I want to know the rules before making a move.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:43 pm

a good starting point for finding out the rules would be the T2 policy guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf
The change of employment section starts on p47

sanbhaumik
Newly Registered

Post by sanbhaumik » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:29 am

Hi manci,

Thank you. The link clarifies many doubts. What I am unclear about is - is the Visa and CoS dependent on each other in terms of job change. I mean do I need to cancel the Visa and apply for a new one if a CoS is given by a new employer for a different job? Or is it just the existing CoS needs to be cancelled and Visa remains the same.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am

if and when u will change jobs, the new employer will ive u a new cos. using that cos, u (and all ur dependents if any) will need to apply for fresh tier 2 application paying the in country fee. once all done, u will get a new visa.

Londontier2
Newly Registered

Post by Londontier2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:16 pm

iworker wrote:if and when u will change jobs, the new employer will ive u a new cos. using that cos, u (and all ur dependents if any) will need to apply for fresh tier 2 application paying the in country fee. once all done, u will get a new visa.

I need to make a change of employment application to extend my existing Tier 2 General leave. Although my existing leave expires on 12 April 2015, I need to make this change of employment application as I am starting a new job with a different employer.
My wife and children have also been given leave as Tier 2 Dependants until 12 April 2015. Can you please let me know whether my dependants need to apply to extend their leave while I make the change of employment application?
In case my dependants do not apply to extend their leave now, can they continue living with me on their existing leave before we apply for Indefinite leave to remain ?