ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help, Switching from Tier 2(G) to Tier 4 dependant

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

westwood
Newly Registered

Need help, Switching from Tier 2(G) to Tier 4 dependant

Post by westwood » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Dear All,

I am currently doing PhD (outter London) with a Tier 4 Leave to Remain, my girlfriend is currently under Tier 2 visa. We are thinking of getting married and swithching her Tier 2 to my Tier 4 Dependant. However there are things I am not sure of which i hope I could get some help here, thanks guys.

1. I applied for tier 4 visa in Jan for a non-PhD course however my application got refused, I got the visa after reapply for my current PhD course. I am just wondering do I have established presence since I got a refusal in Feb (I had EP when made the application in Jan for the non-PhD course)?
2. Since I already got my visa and she will make the application separately, does she just need to show the maintainace for herself only (450*2 if I have EP 450*9 if I don't), or do I have to show the maintainance for myself again along with her application?

Thank you all in advance.