ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bachelor's Degree accreditation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fly2uk

Bachelor's Degree accreditation

Post by fly2uk » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:12 am

Hi All,

I have bachelor's degree in Engineering [ Computer Science ] from Visveswaraya Institute of Technology, Karnataka, India.

Can anyone please let me know if I need to get the degree accredited by a UK professional body as mentioned in the HSMP guidance form? If so what is the procedure for that. Also is there some list published by such bodies, using which we can verify if out degree is recognised as equivalent to a UK Bachelor's deree.

Also, what documents / evidences need to be provided to certify that the degree was taught in English. All the semester report cards and degree certificate are given in English.

Senior members please advise.

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Bachelor's Degree accreditation

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:40 am

fly2uk wrote:Senior members please advise.
Anyone else find this extremely annoying?

And use the search function, it's not hard.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:37 am

I think VTU's degree is equivalent to the UK bachelors degree. I dont think you need to get it certified by NARIC. Anyway if you dont want to take risk, you need to send all the certificates to Naric UK and get the certificate. There is no specific database, also you need to pay some fee i suppose. but i am not sure about the complete procedure for it.

For taught in English proof, you need to get the letter from University certifying that his course was taught in English. For that you need to approach VTU with copies of you marks cards and pay the appropriate fee with challan. I heard that this was the procedure for Bangalore University, but not exactly sure about VTU. Anyway, if you dont want all this mess, its better to write IELTS.

Hope this helps

debz

Post by debz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi fly2uk,

I was from the first batch of VTU. I got the degree equivalency evaluation done by NARIC, when I was in UK.. They just need a photocopy of the degree certificate and you need to pay their fees (I think, I paid 90 GBP or 30 GBP.. don't remember the exact figure..) Yesss, the B.E from VTU is equivalent to British bachelor's degree.. Now, choice is yours if you want to apply for it.. But for sure, NARIC certificate does not make the process faster (I came to know about this after applying for NARIC :D )

For English language requirement, I have written thew IELTS (as I saw many cases getting rejected if the casewrorker does not like the format of the letter from the Uni.. So, I did not take chance..) And believe me IELTS is a cake-walk..
Regards,
Debjani.