ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions for Family Members:

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wam_khan

Questions for Family Members:

Post by wam_khan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Hi All,

I recently achieved ILR via 10 years Long Residency Route. However, my current status in Uk when I lodge an application were Tier 1 ( General).

My firs question is how important it is to transfer my MRS current status to my dependent as ILR . Her current leave is Tier 1 General dependent which is due to expire in July 2016.

My daughter were born on 06/04/2014 and I want to know how can I apply for Uk Citizenship. We are Pakistani by origin and I am slightly confused as we have to apply for her Pakistani nationality or we can go directly for Uk Citizenship.

Please find some time to answer these question. I will be grateful.

Regards
Vamiq

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions for Family Members:

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:51 pm

When was your ILR effective from?? Before or after your daughter was born and was she born in the UK?

The link below is useful with information if you haven't read it already in relation to your wife :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wam_khan

Post by wam_khan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi CR001,

Thnx for your response.

ILR is effective from 11/04/2014.
Daughter Born in Uk on 06/04/2014.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:09 pm

You can register your daughter on form MN1 under section 1(3) of the nationality act. This is an entitlement as she was born in the UK. Once you receive the registration certificate, you can apply for her passport.

Have a look at the 'Children' section in the link below for more info and details.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592355
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wam_khan

Post by wam_khan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:06 pm

CR001,

I just find out some information that contradicts with information you had provided previously.

As my Daughter born 5 days before my ILR granted. She is not entitle for British Nationality basis on the information retrieved from UKBA website.

I found following information from UKBA website.

"Your parent has become a British citizen or settled since your birth
You can register to become a British citizen if you fulfill all of the criteria:

you were born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983
you’re under 18 when you apply
1 of your parents has become a British citizen or settled in the UK since you were born

Apply using Form MN1. Read the full guidance before you apply."

Please rectify if your information provided were right or what UKBA says is true.

Warm Regards
Vamiq

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:36 pm

CR001 is correct a child born in the UK is entitled to register as British once either parent is settled (in your case, granted ILR) by virtue of section 1(3) BNA 1981. I have highlighted your post to show the relevant wording.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wam_khan

Post by wam_khan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Amber Many Thnx,

It also says "1 of your parents has become a British citizen or settled in the UK since you were born".

In my case I become a Citizen/ILR Granted (11/04/2014) not since her birth (06/04/2014) but after her birth.

How do you measure this piece of Information.

Looking forward

Regards
Vamiq

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:56 pm

Since means after.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.