ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC-VFS chennai

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

surekak
Newly Registered

EC-VFS chennai

Post by surekak » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:11 am

Hi HSMP guru's,
I applied for HSMP and got my approval in April.May 28th I have applied for HSMP EC.Before applying to EC I called VFS Chennai Helpline and asked them about the process,documents,fees....As they suggested following are the documents which I submitted.
Educational:
Original BE Degree certificate
Original BE Consolidated Mark sheet
Original BE Provisional certificate
NARIC Degree equivalent letter
Original 12th Mark Sheet
Original 10th Mark sheet
English requirement letter from University
Income Tax return
•SARAL Form (Tax return document from Govt of India) from August 2005 to March 2006
•FORM 16 is the last financial year's earnings and tax statement (August 2005 - Mar 2006)
Recent 6 months Payslips
Recent 6 months bank statements
Work Experience/relieving letter from all employers letters
Financial background:
Letter from bank stating my bank balance
Home loan documents
My spouse earning (to show that I'm strong in finance)
His offer letter
marriage certificate
Accomodation prrof letter from my friend
Her Passport copy
Council Tax
Other documents:
Notarised copy of my passport
Job offer letter
Job advertisements ...etc.
I have few doubts
1.As VFS suggested I have kept only 6 months payslip,but in the forum I came to know that some have submitted 12 months payslips.Please let me know whether this will affect my EC?
2.Actually the bank account is a join account for me and my husband.Should I have to get any authorisation letter from my husband for this.(I have submiited marriage certificate)will this help?
3.I have applied for only me,(I thought that if it goes well then I can apply for my dependants or else I have to loose money)wil thsi affect my stamping....Please do clarify.I'm really scared.
Thanks

debz

Post by debz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi Sureka,

In my case, I applied for my EC first (without showing any financial dependancy on my husband.. then we applied for my husband's EC (independantly).. He has shown some of my assets (which I have not shown in my EC)..

I think, VFS has asked for much more docs from you.. usually nobody submits 10th, 12th marks cards, provisional cert, letter from bank(bank statement is enough),etc. In my case, they asked for lesser docs and reading the forum, I got psyched and I mailed them and the Visa officer personally called me to comfort me.. :)

Plz find my reply below, to your questions.

1.As VFS suggested I have kept only 6 months payslip,but in the forum I came to know that some have submitted 12 months payslips.Please let me know whether this will affect my EC? For EC, 6 month's payslip is very fine. But in HSMP docs, you must have submitted 12 months payslips or maybe even more, depending on the scenario.
2.Actually the bank account is a join account for me and my husband.Should I have to get any authorisation letter from my husband for this.(I have submiited marriage certificate)will this help? I feel you should have submitted an authorization letter from your husband, as well (this will act as an evidence that your husband is willing to fund you, in case you require any financial support in UK. In my husband's case, I have done that. Else, there is no proof that the money/asset can be used by you.. Consent is definitely required.. I checked this with BHC helpline too, before applying for my husband's EC. Now, as you have already submitted your application, what you can do is.. Call up the BHC helpline and say them that you want to add the authorisation letter from your husband. Take down their fax number and fax it.. In the letter plz do mention your passport number and reference number and request them to attach it to your file..I guess, this should be possible, until and unless your case is on the verge og getting decided.
3.I have applied for only me,(I thought that if it goes well then I can apply for my dependants or else I have to loose money)wil thsi affect my stamping.... Well, make a note here.. You can apply for your dependants only once you have a job in UK and sound financial background to support dependants.. This may take a bit of time as you may need to produce your UK payslips, bank statement, acco documents, etc.

Hope my answers (in bold letters) help you to some extent, at least..
Regards,
Debjani.