ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rainbow14
Newly Registered

Advice Needed

Post by rainbow14 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:04 pm

I am looking for advice regarding someone who has overstayed their visa.
Their visa ran out in 2004 and they remained in the UK, working cash-in-hand. We would like to know if it is possible to apply to stay in the UK even though he has overstayed and if it will help that he is in a relationship (this person is not a UK citizen and therefore does not have LTR.
Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:11 pm

Have you bothered to look for this information via previous posts, prior to posting your question? I'm quite sure that if you did, you could easily find answers to your questions, as there are so many other people who are in your situation, and who have postings on this site.

A bit of research saves the same questions being asked over and over again....

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:29 pm

Rozen you are right to say what you have to rainbow14, but he or she is a newbe to the site.

Either way rainbow 14, to your friends problem, from all the advise which has been given on this subject over the last year or so.

Best option is to leave the UK ASAP from either Gatwick or Standsted, so he or she runs a lessor risk of been picked up by BIA (Who will deport, making re- entry almost impossible)

Then to apply from his or her country of origin for a appropriate visa.

If this person wishes to become leagal there is no other route available .

rainbow14
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by rainbow14 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:33 pm

In respect to Rozen's comments, I did look at some postings, but looked at recent postings. I sought out this site as it was recommended by a friend who received helpful advice from this forum.

Siggi, thank you for your posting, I will look at past postings for further clarification.

Rainbow

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:03 pm

Are you by any chance also known as Rainbow24 whose hubby was refused a visa in February this year and got stuck in Pakistan because he did not bring all the necessary documents to the interview?

rainbow14
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow14 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:13 pm

No that's not me. My friend is from Ghana and has overstayed for three years.

Does anyone know any good immigration solicitors in London who can advise us regarding overstaying and when he is able to come back about getting married (as both my friend and partner are non UK residents)

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:37 pm

I think that most immigration lawyers will tell you, what I said before ie leave the UK and apply from Ghana for the appropriate visa.

Dont waste time or money on lawyers!

Sorry there is no short cut on overstayers!

rainbow14
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by rainbow14 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:02 pm

Thank you for the advice, its been helpful, its also nice to know about this forum and see there are other people with the same issues.