ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English qualification

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jacobparslow
Newly Registered

English qualification

Post by jacobparslow » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Hiya,

I'm applying for indefinite leave to remain next month. I had an IELTS certificate general training scoring a high score of 7.0 when I originally applied for my spouse two year visa in 2011 (I also recently got a B in GCSE English language here in the UK)

It's now been over two years and I am applying for indefinite leave to remain now.

This requires me to have an English certificate.

When I phoned up six months ago a lady informed me my IELTS certificate would be fine although its expired (validity of 2 years) it would still be fine to apply for indefinite leave to remain with. The old website also mentioned that people who already provided their English proficiency at the time of applying for their original visa will accept the same certificate.

Now its time to apply and reading the new website I'm worried my IELTS will be considered out of date.

Does anyone have experience of this issue and can advise me?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

Marisa

WR1

Re: English qualification

Post by WR1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:45 am

Hi Marisa

As long as the IELTS certificate has been used in the past for visa applications (in your case spouse visa), it can be used again for ILR even if it has expired. There are cases on this forum of people having achieved their ILR with use of a expired EILTS certificate.

Do a search using the search button above and type in "Expired IELTS" and you will see many examples of this.

Hope this helps.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided