ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Past Earnings & Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Russsian
Newly Registered

Re: Past Earnings & Experience

Post by Russsian » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:32 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen!
Need for helpful advice or comment on how to better represent my Past Earnings & Experience.

1. I am 27 yrs old. I graduated from the National State Technical University, and got my MBA Diploma in 1999. Since 1997, I have being running my business as a sole proprietor (or sole trader) as well as a director of a limited liability company established by my sister and myself. Such combination is caused by the taxation specific features and the necessity to deal with different clientele (e.g., some of our clients, the government companies, universities, etc. have no legal right to make money transactions to sole proprietors, but only to companies)

2. To be awarded the points for the Past Earnings I am going to submit such evidences as:
- income tax returns
- bank statements from 2 different banks

Total amount of past earnings is equivalent to the highest level in the category that my country belongs to.

3. As I could be qualified both as self-employed and employee of co-owned company
is it really necessary to provide BOTH "employer’s reference letters, etc...» (as for employee) AND / OR (?!) "business plans, annual business accounts, tax returns, client contracts, evidence of your role within company, etc..." (as for self-employed).

In first case, will it be supposed that such kind of letter should by signed by MYSELF (weird?) or by anybody else from company’s management, like Chief Accountant, HR etc? Should my salary as a director be mentioned in such letter as it is quite small compared to my total income, and are the above-mentioned evidences of income sufficient? Am I obliged to mention that I am the co-owner of the company?

In second case, it is going to be quite a large number of documents that I will have to submit. That is OK for me, but again, my experience of dealing with British bureaucracy in British Consulate (when applying a few times for Entry Clearance to UK-finally successful) proved me that it was no sense to submit too many documents to them. As it somehow made it suspicious the whole case, i.e. they doubted that even the official, bankers, government, bankers` etc. notary certified papers were genuine what sounded as a total nonsense. So the point of view, “the more evidences, the better” might seem wrong, as it also would take much more time to go through the case.

What is your opinion, as I am advised by some lawyers in my country to apply as either employee or self-employed in order not to make the very sophisticated explanations in cover letter and not to confuse the caseworker.

Although my story might seem a bit complicated, my idea is to make it as simple as possible to fasten the process of my case consideration. Excuse me for possible improper explanation, my sensitivity to details and my fears caused by that sad experience of applying for EC, taking into the account that all the papers were genuine. Does my case really seem so complicated that I need the solicitors help to represent my case?? Please do not hesitate to make any comment and advise.

Thank you very much,

Alexander

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:41 pm

Russian,

With HSMP the more evidences, the better.

Just follow the HSMP guidelines to the letter and provide authentic documents to support claimed points (if i was in your shoes I would actually write and explain to HO that I own the conapny with the sister and this is is the income..etc)

good luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

sergeym
Newly Registered

Post by sergeym » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:21 am

Alexander,
I've got a very similar application (even the same country). No self evidence is accpted. You will need contracts or references from your clients even to claim work experience. "Trudovaya knizhka" is useless; your stamps - do not count. Helpful: any tax returnes clearly marked by the Tax Office, a reference from your bank, from social security fund. Get an extract from the registration body for your company. If you want to claim dividends as a part of your income you've got to tell them (and prove it!) that you are a shareholder and work in the company. But do not overload them with useless documents, especially coming from your-self or your own company - they mean nothing.
I was asked for additional documentation twice in order to prove 1.my company exists; 2.I'm the director; 3.and have been the one since the registration till now.
All the best,
Sergey