ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inviting family member of Non-Eu family member of Eu nationa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uaa1bee

Inviting family member of Non-Eu family member of Eu nationa

Post by uaa1bee » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi,

I am non eu family member of EU National who are both exercising treaty rights.

I wonder if I can invite my family member like sister to visit me in UK ? and what is the way to invite her ? I have eea2 residence card . I know my family is classed as extended family member of my spouse/partner and have to be dependent. But my question is can I invite my non eu family members to uk while I am holder of eea2 residence card ?

Please help

dalebutt

Re: Inviting family member of Non-Eu family member of Eu nat

Post by dalebutt » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:17 pm

If they are not dependent on you, they will have to apply for normal visitor's visa.

uaa1bee

Post by uaa1bee » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:27 pm

dalebutt wrote:If they are not dependent on you, they will have to apply for normal visitor's visa.

Thanks. If I can prove they are dependent on me like proof of sending money to beneficiary who is my sister , what would be the procedure apart from making application on behalf of my spouse who is EEA-National. I as non eea family member of EEA/EU National can invite my family member or no ?

one way is extended family member of eu national etc etc.

if i can prove sister/non eea national is dependent on me, what would be the best way to invite her as my dependent ?

Please help.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:45 pm

If you can prove dependency, that includes financial dependency, they can apply for a family permit, your spouse should be sponsoring the application.

If you are enquiring about a future application, you should provide enough information to understand your circumstance, dependants application are subject of discretion.

uaa1bee

Post by uaa1bee » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks. They should be dependent on me or on my spouse ? And future question please I.e if I get permanent residence could I be able to directly sponsor non-eu siblings to uk as my family member or no ?

uaa1bee

Post by uaa1bee » Mon May 05, 2014 11:00 am

Anyone any information ???

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:21 pm

uaa1bee wrote:Thanks. They should be dependent on me or on my spouse ? And future question please I.e if I get permanent residence could I be able to directly sponsor non-eu siblings to uk as my family member or no ?
via UK immigration laws and not EU route ( if you are to be the main sponsor)

allenboo
- thin ice -

Post by allenboo » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:51 am

hello all, this topic interest me and i would like all your opinion for a friend.

my friend is a british citizen and his brother (over 21) came here on 3 years student visa. they both live in the same household and he has been giving monies to his brother regularly. he wants to use the eea route and go to france to excersie treaty rights. can the brother join him in france as eu dependant irrespective of say he canme to the uk on student visa. after this he plan to come back on surrinder sign route. please can you also provide any useful link of eu dependency. thank you all.
please is there a maximun number of eu dependants (extended) that one can sponsor. i am looking at 20 family members.

uaa1bee

Post by uaa1bee » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:59 pm

DO YOU WANT TO GET HIM DEPORTED AND LIVE BACK WITH 20 FAMILY MEMBERS ?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:48 pm

allenboo wrote:hello all, this topic interest me and i would like all your opinion for a friend.

my friend is a british citizen and his brother (over 21) came here on 3 years student visa. they both live in the same household and he has been giving monies to his brother regularly. he wants to use the eea route and go to france to excersie treaty rights. can the brother join him in france as eu dependant irrespective of say he canme to the uk on student visa. after this he plan to come back on surrinder sign route. please can you also provide any useful link of eu dependency. thank you all.
please is there a maximun number of eu dependants (extended) that one can sponsor. i am looking at 20 family members.
I'm sure that this kind of behavior would raise eyebrows at the Home Office and I'm sure that 20 dependents would be too much. He would definitely be scrutinized and the nature of their dependency would be questioned. He would have to show sustained financial payments.

As far as I know Surinder Singh does not cover distant dependents, does it? I know it works for spouses/civil partners/parents and children, but not sure about cousins/uncles/aunts etc. And, he would have to do Surinder Singh many times to get 20 family members back easily. I'm sure the Home Office would not accept a Surinder Singh application where there were 20 more distant family members.

Very unlikely to succeed I think.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:44 am

chaoclive wrote:
allenboo wrote:hello all, this topic interest me and i would like all your opinion for a friend.

I'm sure that this kind of behavior would raise eyebrows at the Home Office and I'm sure that 20 dependents would be too much. He would definitely be scrutinized and the nature of their dependency would be questioned. He would have to show sustained financial payments.

As far as I know Surinder Singh does not cover distant dependents, does it? I know it works for spouses/civil partners/parents and children, but not sure about cousins/uncles/aunts etc. And, he would have to do Surinder Singh many times to get 20 family members back easily. I'm sure the Home Office would not accept a Surinder Singh application where there were 20 more distant family members.

Very unlikely to succeed I think.
@Chaoclave - pls don't entertain this poster, he is trying to circumvent the rules and appears to be prepared to go to any lengths to get his 20 dependents to the UK.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 63154.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.