ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 leaving UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

EEA2 leaving UK

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi there,

Me and my partner hold EEA2 and EEA1 on self sufficient basis expiring in 2019, I have been offered a very good job in Middle East and tempted not to leave the opportunity. It will be a 1 year contract. At the moment, we are not claiming any allowances and do not intent to seek any.

Question is

If i take this job opportunity do you think we should cancel our CSI or keep paying every month.

Hubba

Re: EEA2 leaving UK

Post by Hubba » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Since you'll be leaving the country for more than 6 months in a year period you won't be able to apply for permanent residence using the period accumulated prior to you leaving the country, so I see no reason for you to keep paying CSI during a period which will be absolutely useless towards EEA4. Just contract CSI again once you're back.