ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted/Unrestricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Femtim
Newly Registered

Restricted/Unrestricted COS

Post by Femtim » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi Manci,

I am PSW dependent, trying to switch to TIER 2 General. My employer has agreed to sponsor me. He just told me that he got his annual allocations of COS, so he can issue a COS for me any time. But, I think, the annual allocation stands for "Unrestricted COS". Am I right?

From PSW dependent to Tier 2 General, I have to apply for Entry clearance from home country. Do I need restricted or unrestricted COS?

My employer just mentioned that they got cos allocated. Does it mean restricted cos or unrestricted?

How would they apply for restricted cos? How long would it take to receive restricted cos? What is the procedure for getting restricted cos?

I am so confused. Your reply will be of great help.

Many Thanks,

Femila

Dinakaranjd
Newly Registered

Re: Restricted/Unrestricted COS

Post by Dinakaranjd » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi Femila,

Even I am on the same boat... PSW dependant switching to Tier 2 general, however, when my HR wasn't sure she contacted the UKBA and they confirmed that the she has to apply for restricted CoS and I will need to apply from home country for entry clearance.

I am sure the below link will give all the information you need...(see the response from Hassanh)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1015676

Regards,
DJ

Femtim
Newly Registered

Re: Restricted/Unrestricted COS

Post by Femtim » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi DJ,

Thank you so much for your reply. The link of your post clarified most of my questions. Your reply is much appreciated!

Femila