ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2G - CoS validity

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lonlov
Newly Registered

Tier 2G - CoS validity

Post by lonlov » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:17 am

I’ve recently been issued a CoS from my employer in the UK. I was hired contractually until August 2014. My employer has already made it clear to me that they wish to make this a longer contract than the initial August 2014 end date (I was working for them for 5 months with a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa). However this decision was made after my CoS application was given. My current CoS is set to expire August 2014. I'm presently out of the country getting ready to apply for my new Visa. I am unsure what to put in my Tier 2G application for the “is your contract for less than one year?” question. According to my CoS it is but I do know my employer will be changing this in the near future. I’m worried my Tier 2G Visa will only be valid until the said August 2014 date because it does state – “…according to the contract offered by the sponsor whichever less” when deciding the duration of a Tier 2G Visa. I wish to avoid extending my Visa come August and paying more fees.

Does anyone know what I should do?

aja
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2G - CoS validity

Post by aja » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:03 am

If you progress with your existing COS< then it has to be the same time period as stated in COS.

Alternatively, your employer can check if its possible to amend the COS (if at all possible) or will need to withdraw the existing COS and issue a new COS with appropriate date.