ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Editing/correcting a CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKTier2applicant
Newly Registered

Editing/correcting a CoS

Post by UKTier2applicant » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Hello,

I've received a CoS from my company and was about to submit my online application for Tier 2 (General), however, have just noticed that the company has put in wrong dates in the 'passport details' section. Will the company be able to correct these dates on the same CoS or do they have to apply for another one with the correct details.
It is only the 'passport issue date' and 'passport expiry date' that they have entered incorrectly. Rest of the information is correct.

Thanks,

santyuklover
Newly Registered

Re: Editing/correcting a CoS

Post by santyuklover » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi,

It's just a matter of 10 minutes. You need to inform the HR personnel to do the correction through their Sponsorship Management System (SMS). The SMS allows such type of error corrections. You don't need a new CoS. Hope this helps. Also I would like to know whether your CoS is a restricted one or an unrestricted one. Because I'm currently waiting to get my restricted CoS. It would be of great help if you could tell me. Thanks indeed. Cheers. :)

UKTier2applicant
Newly Registered

Post by UKTier2applicant » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi,

Thank you so much for the info. That does help a lot. Mine is a restricted CoS. I will be applying for my visa from my home country.

Thanks

pu8aa
Newly Registered

Post by pu8aa » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:38 pm

How long did it take to get the CoS? i.e. how long did the UKBA take before releasing it?

Thanks.