ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stha

British Passport for child

Post by stha » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Dear Members,

My query regading the supporting documents for british passport for my son (2 years old). As I had ILR when he was born i have applied for his bitish passport. In supporting documents i have provided the following:
1- Full form uk birth certificate,
2- My Indian passport,
3- Son Photo's and
4- My Marriage certificate.
My question is do they need to see my wife passport as well. Unfotuneately, only last week i have sent her Indian passport for renewal.

I would appriciate your response i this regards.

stha

stha

Re: British Passport for child

Post by stha » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:07 pm

I Appriciate members response to my query.

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:25 pm

stha wrote:Dear Members,

My query regading the supporting documents for british passport for my son (2 years old). As I had ILR when he was born i have applied for his bitish passport. In supporting documents i have provided the following:
1- Full form uk birth certificate,
2- My Indian passport,
3- Son Photo's and
4- My Marriage certificate.
My question is do they need to see my wife passport as well. Unfotuneately, only last week i have sent her Indian passport for renewal.

I would appriciate your response i this regards.

stha
You cannot apply for the British passport until you apply for his Naturalization ... You need to fill MN1 form in order to apply for Naturalization.

Once you get the Naturalization Certificate you can apply for his (your son's) passport. At that time you need to prepare the check-list of the docs needed to be sent.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:39 pm

man4uni wrote:You cannot apply for the British passport until you apply for his Naturalization ... You need to fill MN1 form in order to apply for Naturalization.

Once you get the Naturalization Certificate you can apply for his (your son's) passport. At that time you need to prepare the check-list of the docs needed to be sent.
You are incorrect Man4Uni. The child is automatically British as he was born AFTER the parent was granted ILR. Besides which, children are Registered and adults are naturalised!!

STHA - you can apply for a British Passport directly. See passport section in link below, Q2 in particular

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592356
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stha

Post by stha » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Many thanks for your reply CR001. After looking at link you have posted i'm now satisified of the list of docs i have sent for my kids passport.

Thanks to all others as well who have endevoured to answer my query.