ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant over 18 question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tomii
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant over 18 question

Post by tomii » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused regarding the requirement for dependants who are over 18.

I have a daughter who is over 18 and is currently in the UK studying at university and I woud like to include her in my application as a dependant. I understand for under 18 that is not an issue, but the rules for over 18 is a bit unclear to me.
On the www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members it states:

- your child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependant.

Does that mean I can include my daughter as she is currently in the UK studying and is still dependant on me? Can anyone help clarify my assumption here is correct?

Thanks in advance!

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant over 18 question

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:46 pm

You can include dependents irrespective of the age but just make sure to use right forms and rest of the documents.
Dependents are dependents althouhg over 18 may require some extra documents just go through policy guidence again.

tomii
Newly Registered

Post by tomii » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Hi ishfaqsangra,

Thanks for your reply, but wouldn't that seem to contradict what is stated according to www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members site which states:

A ‘dependant’ is any of the following:

- your partner
- your child under 18
- your child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependant

This to me states there are conditions for children over the age of 18 right? and just to be clear, what I would like to do is include them in my application under the Tier 1 enterpreneur visa as dependant and not make separate application if possible.

Would greatly appreciate any expert can shed some light onto this please?

tomii
Newly Registered

Post by tomii » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi All,

Is there no clear straight forward answer? I cannot find it anywhere on their dependance guidance doc...I would assume from their wording that over 18 currently studying in the UK can be included correct? Anyone any view on this please?

Thanks!

tomii
Newly Registered

Post by tomii » Tue May 27, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm still very confused on this matter and its driving me mad searching around, can anyone please please help?!?!