ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Netherlands embassy schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rihan007
Newly Registered

Netherlands embassy schengen visa

Post by rihan007 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:50 pm

I applied for schengen visa for wife,baby and myself. The list of documents required are http://nl.vfsglobal.co.uk/pdf/Tourist_Visa17012013.pdf . Because i am sponsoring my wife, they asked for Marriage certificate (original) . I handed over a copy as i didn't have the original with me , and a letter stating that my wifes name is in my passport.

They also asked for the birth certificate original and i handed over a copy,.

Both the marriage certificate original and birth certificate original are not listed in the required documents list , hence i didnt take it along with me.

would this affect the chances of getting my visa? They have my contact number and email and she said they would contact, although i am a bit concerned now. any thoughts any one?

ban.s

Re: Netherlands embassy schengen visa

Post by ban.s » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:52 pm

as you have already submitted copies of the required documents, it's unlikely there will be any issue. the authorities can technically ask for additional documents that they deem necessary to decide on the case.

as per rules a schengen visa application may take upto 15 days to be approved though authorities often decide much quicker.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:59 pm

ban.s wrote:as you have already submitted copies of the required documents, it's unlikely there will be any issue. the authorities can technically ask for additional documents that they deem necessary to decide on the case.

as per rules a schengen visa application may take upto 15 days to be approved though authorities often decide much quicker.
The lady at the counter was a bit rude and was insisting that she wants to see the originals. I argued that, it is not mentioned in the website, so how can I assume and bring all the documents which they might possibly ask?

fingers crossed !!!

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 pm

i have experienced rude behavior from the staff at VFS Manchester, When i was there most of the staff were either Indians or Pakistanis.

Was in a similar situation where they wanted an original employment letter from me but i was only able provide them a scanned copy on that day (my mistake). they asked me to fill a form stating 'i take responsibility if the visa is rejected due to scanned copy' and took all my documents and gave me a receipt with tracking number. 3 days later i received a call from VFS London asking me to send original employment letter. It took me a week to arrange this from my employer and managed to send it to them visa post. VFS acknowledged that they received the post and visa was proceeds in the next 2 days. The total duration of process including the delay was 12 days.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:08 pm

rajsin wrote:i have experienced rude behavior from the staff at VFS Manchester, When i was there most of the staff were either Indians or Pakistanis.

Was in a similar situation where they wanted an original employment letter from me but i was only able provide them a scanned copy on that day (my mistake). they asked me to fill a form stating 'i take responsibility if the visa is rejected due to scanned copy' and took all my documents and gave me a receipt with tracking number. 3 days later i received a call from VFS London asking me to send original employment letter. It took me a week to arrange this from my employer and managed to send it to them visa post. VFS acknowledged that they received the post and visa was proceeds in the next 2 days. The total duration of process including the delay was 12 days.
thats very reassuring rajsin, did you get single or multiple entry? was it six months or one year ?

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:12 pm

I got a 6 month multi entry and this is the maximum duration one can get for a Schengen visit visa.

bharathbala2003
Newly Registered

Post by bharathbala2003 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:01 am

Hi,

did you get any response yet? when did you apple? i applied on the 25th and i have not had any update on the site and it still says;

"Application has been forwarded to the Netherlands Embassy, London on 25-Apr-2014."

in the past when i applied via France (TLS) the status changes based on the process - stating under process etc.

how long does it usually take for them to make a decision??

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:20 am

bharathbala2003 wrote:Hi,

did you get any response yet? when did you apple? i applied on the 25th and i have not had any update on the site and it still says;

"Application has been forwarded to the Netherlands Embassy, London on 25-Apr-2014."

in the past when i applied via France (TLS) the status changes based on the process - stating under process etc.

how long does it usually take for them to make a decision??
hi ,

I didn't get any response. I applied on 25th april as well. I think it takes 10 days. I need to travel by may 10th. I am not sure whether i would get it in time

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Just got an email saying they need additional documents for my baby. I called them up, and seems they need new photos of my baby. It seems its older than 6 months. My mistake.

Its good that they are on the case, and i hope i will get my passport and visa in time.

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Thu May 01, 2014 2:43 pm

try to give them what they want as soon as possible and you should get your visa/passport on time.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Just got my visa.

They gave it for only Three months multiple entry !!! I was expecting at least 6 months, since i have already gone to schengen area in 2011

Damn !!!

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Fri May 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Glad you got it.Its a gamble tbh. It also depends on your insurance premium and the amount displayed on the bank statements.

i had 1year insurance coverage and displayed £10K in bank.

bharathbala2003
Newly Registered

Post by bharathbala2003 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:33 pm

I had a 1 year multi trip insurance .. i was a bit worried because last time due to time constraints i had obtained visa from TLS (French) but my first trip was to Rome and then went to Paris on a separate trip.. this time Netherlands embassy have given me a 1 year Multiple entry visa :)

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Tue May 13, 2014 12:56 pm

congrats, can you tell us how many days u can legally stay in schengen zone in that 1 year ? i am assuming its 90 days. (because of 90 in 180 day rule)

also is it type c schengen?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue May 13, 2014 4:03 pm

I'm also interested in knowing how many days a non-EEA citizen can stay in the Netherlands. My civil partner has been issued with a one year visa as the spouse of an EEA national (me). It is a multi entry visa and says 90 days as the duration of stay.

Does this mean that he can only stay for 90 days in the whole year? Just want to make sure.