ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP enquiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mystic82
Newly Registered

FLR FP enquiry

Post by mystic82 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:57 pm

hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on some things for me. I will make my story as short as I can; I am an overstayer with a british child(1yr 7 months old) his mother is also british and we are not married. I made a Zambrano application last yr with the help of a solicitor and and I got my COA, luckily for me I was able to get a good job not long after I got my NI number. The HO requested for extra documents and I provided them, they even went as far as asking me to take a DNA test (which cost me over £500) to prove I am the father of my child which I did and at the end of it all I was refused in april this yr with the right of appeal. I decided to make the flr fp 10yr route application(parent of a british child) immediately without the use of a solicitor because after my last experience I now believe most of them are just vulchers. I got my acknowledgement letter, ECHR letter and Biometrics letter within the space of 10 days. I have enrolled my biometrics and I am now playing the waiting game.
like I said earlier the mother of my child and I are not married and to the HO I am the sole carer of my child because the mother developed health issues after the birth of our child which made it very difficult to care for our baby(I wrote a cover letter explaining all of this).my questions are, (1) does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision (2) does my case seem straightforward (3) is there anyone on this forum on a similar boat as I am(4)did I make the right application?
please I would really appreciate your help. :?

kofi75

Re: FLR FP enquiry

Post by kofi75 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:24 pm

It takes roughly 6weeks and even earlier if u lucky.May I ask why the asked you to provide a DNA test if you provided a birth certificate with your name on it.How did you provide the DNA test?

mystic82
Newly Registered

Re: FLR FP enquiry

Post by mystic82 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:07 pm

On my childs birth certificate I included my christian name which wasnt on my passport so they wanted proof that I am the same person on the birth certificate and the child indeed related to me. Waiting for the result is sometimes worse than the result itself :( the anxiety is doing my head in :?